Thursday, November 08, 2007

“It has taken me f*ckin' years to treasure my beautiful body and know it as something other than everyone's angry, lonely playground.” -Tammy Lynn Michaels

THAT stopped me cold while perusing Hollywood Farm Girl’s blog yesterday. Thus ensued a great deal of shallow breathed, hair raising, goose-fleshed skin introspection on my behalf. I don’t quite know where to go with it just yet, but go somewhere I simply must. Although I'm afraid its something I'll have to revisit at a later date because for now, I remain utterly speechless.

C’mon, let’s waist time chasing cars around our heads, shall we?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that too.....she writes some very profound stuff...

Jen415

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yours is the only blog I make time to read and I'm just now catching up after several days (life's been hectic).

Wow, I was so bummed that bub wasn't going and then so happy to see he hadn't ruined it after all - talk about going from frown to smile in a matter of minutes!

Glad you allowed your feelings to explode out of that place you've been holding them hostage for so long. Yes, it sounds like closure and right on schedule. The experts say it usually all comes together at around the two year mark and you're well on your way.

I wonder if bub will really let any of it sink in or if he'll be able to convince himself you've got it all wrong. I don't really care one way or the other whether he screws up his life, as long as he doesn't have influence over yours and Em's. Some people learn, others don't, its not in your control, and, at this point, you shouldn't even have much interest.

Of course Em is advanced - she's being raised by a woman who has an uncanny sense of awareness!

p.s. I love Snow Patrol - esp. that haunting song.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home