Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bub has a girlfriend, teehee! He’s also on the brink of another major life upheaval in that it is fairly certain that he will soon take a position in Memphis, TN for FedEx’s IT department. Woohoo!! He justifies the move by telling himself that Em is getting to the age where she wouldn’t want to hang out with her parents soon anyway. Ummm, okaaaay? Whatever it takes to make it acceptable in your little head is fine by me dude. Its not like you’re an integral part of her life anyway, except when being a Disney Dad, otherwise she hasn’t much use or tolerance for you, but I digress. So the girlfriend thing... hmmm. Glad it’s her and not me sitting through the hours upon hours of talking about the pros and cons of each and every intricate nuance of this forthcoming decision. Although I do kinda feel sorry for the chick in that no one should be subjected to his nonsensical rantings, but she’s new, and the shine has yet to wear off. I’ve considered what my responsibility is in warning her of what is inevitably to come, but I’ve concluded that it is simply neither my place nor my duty. These lessons must be learned individually lest they not be learned at all. If she happens to come to me down the road with questions and concerns then I may be willing to reevaluate my position, but for now, well... like I said, glad its her and not me. Em and I certainly appreciate the attention diversion. Anyway, they’ve only had two official dates thus far, but they’ve already decided to become exclusive. Which, in turn, leads me to predict that they will be living together inside of two months, as he is simply incapable of being alone. Of course they’re both technically homeless right now so it should make for an interesting outcome in that regard. BTW, if anyone wants in on this action, the odds are excellent and the pool closes at midnight. ;-) Oy vey, you just can’t buy this kind of entertainment. Perhaps I’ll write a book after all: The Life And Times of Bubba... oh hell, something like that! ;-)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are small glimpses of justice, aren't there!!

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, it is certainly not your place to warn her. You would just come off sounding like a bitter ex-wife. Its a shame he has the opportunity to mess around with someone else, but who knows, maybe she'll see the signs before she gets in too deep.

Him moving out of State would be wonderful!! He's just an annoyance in your life and a sorry excuse for a parent to boot. I feel badly that Em has a ridiculous father, but since there's little possibility of him correcting that, the farther away the better! Sounds like a job with benefits and more money - make sure some of it comes Em's way!

Ahh, bubba .. always good for a laugh. We'll miss him ... NOT!

10:21 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

My first thought was to be wary of Em spending the night at Bub's if his new girlfriend will be doing the same.

I too thought about warning unsuspecting women about my ex, but just as jill said, it will come off wrong. I figured I'd wait until asked. Most of them figured it out. A learning experience. The one he has now is just like him, so I figure they deserve each other.

I wonder if Bub is going to start coming to you for love life advice now? Eewww.

W.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the fact that you are back and posting more often. I have missed reading your blog.

Would Bubs move make it easier for you to relocate closer to family?

Glad to hear that you are doing so well with school and work. Keep it up!

Lyn

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jill pretty much said all I was thinking. :)

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home