Friday, August 05, 2005

Friday

I watched Starved on FX last night. Wow, that was... interesting. I posted on 3fc how it was like watching a car accident, you know how you can't quite turn away no matter how horrifying it is? Yea, it was like that, but funny at the same time. And I could relate to a lot of it even though it was way over the top, but the underlying message was about people with food issues just like me. Definitely interesting, I'll have to give it another go before I decide if I love it or hate it.

We're taking another longish roadtrip tomorrow (yippy, ugh!) to visit my inlaws (double ugh directed to MIL in particular). My mother in law is one of the most irritating women I know. Apparently she is unable to let a visit go by without making some sort of backhanded comment about my body or weight. Her new favorite topic being my breasts, or the lack thereof. Like I don't already know that I have no boobs left since losing weight?! Duh! She's just one of those people who have to make nasty little comments yet put such a spin on them that she can justify it as concern or a tasteless joke. I've had to learn to dismiss her tacky remarks else I would drive myself mad with hurt feelings and anger. In turn I smile and nod a lot, and thank my lucky stars that I don't have to live with this woman anymore (which we did at one point early in the marriage for all of 10 excruciating months) At any rate, she really is quite draining and I'm definitely not looking forward to the visit. But luckily, since they've moved pretty far away, the visits are now few and far between.

Well, my little girl will be starting the third grade exactly two weeks from today. Yes, the first day of school is on a Friday. WTF? Who's bright idea was that? Anyway, it's been a long summer for me and her (we seem to be expert at pushing eachother's buttons) and it will be nice to get back into a normal school time routine. I think she's looking forward to it as well, I imagine she's more than just a little sick of me by this point! Awww, it's not that bad! But really, two people can only spend so much time together before they're bound to get on eachother's nerves, no matter how deeply their love for eachother runs. And not to get overly melodramatic here but, oh how I love that little girl of mine! More than life itself really. I can't even imagine how I ever existed on this earth without her. I truly believe she is the reason I was put here, and I swear that I will do everything in my power to make sure she has the best possible chance at happiness in this life, because she absolutely deserves nothing less than that. Okay, maybe a little melodramatic, but I digress! ;)

Well, off to get a little more work done before the day is through!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home