Monday, December 26, 2005


Here's some pics of Em showing off her sizeable haul. Notice the overwhelming Bratz theme here? Gee, you don't think she likes those ugly little alien-eyed freaks do ya? Of course it didn't all come from us or Santa, as we quite enjoy being able to keep a roof over our heads, and I'm sure the upkeep on nine reindeer can be somewhat taxing on the big guy's budget, so we are (or shall I say Em is) quite fortunate to have such a generous family who always thoughtfully takes her likes and interests to heart when picking out gifts.

My mom, got her that Bratz head thing, you know, like the Barbie ones we had where you can do their hair and makeup, and some arts & crafts stuff. My dad and stepmom got her the Bratz set where their freaky little bobble heads are interchangeable on one body, and a paint by number and color pencil by number set. I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but Em is very creative and, I believe, will prove to be quite a gifted artist, hence the crafty stuff, because everyone knows her so well. Santa, of course, got her the Tour Bus thingy and a new Bratz doll along with a few other things, and we got her two magic trick sets, some new books, and an awesome new playdough set with a kitchen theme that includes little molds and such to make it look like real food, which she absolutely went bananas over! She is forever making fake food out of her playdough, so I knew this would be right up her ally.

I was actually quite surprised by what Bub came up with for me last minute. Of course, he had Em with him to help pick stuff out, but still, they did good. My favorite was a reflective waist belt for walkers with holders for a water bottle, cell phone, walkman/diskman, etc. They also got me a resistance band for working out, along with a dvd to use with it, which I'm probably gonna exchange for a resistance band set that includes different sizes and different levels of difficulty. But that's fine, he doesn't have a problem with me changing stuff out, as it's the thought and idea that counts to him. They also got me a couple of boxes of my beloved Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal as a kind of a silly, yet useful present. My mom got me a new pair of jammies and some of those super soft, fuzzy, cozy socks, ahhhh! And she also sent us $150.00 to do with what we want, NICE!! I suggested we use it for a new video game system because I'm really interested in getting DDR. I like the idea of an interactive game that gets us off the couch and moving our butts to play it! Like me, Em's not really into any sports, so I'll try anything to keep physical activity a regular part of her life as she grows up, I think that was one of the things that I was sorely missing as a kid. Anyway, there was more of course, but frankly, it's all kind of in a haze of "glad it's finally over with now", so I'll just leave it at that. But the day was quiet with no major drama to speak of, so for that, I am grateful.


Now, on to other things. I'm passing on my own Sevens, courtesy of Chrys.


Seven Things To Do Before I Die:

1. Have my excess skin removed and get my eyes fixed (I hate glasses!)
2. Live in authentic happiness
3. Learn Sign Language
4. Take Swing Dancing lessons
5. Finish writing the book I started about my experiences and journey through obesity and weight loss
6. Achieve financial security
7. Stand up for myself when it really counts

Seven Things I Cannot Do:

1. Climb up on a rooftop (I am terrified of heights)
2. Sing (which sucks because I've always wished I had a beautiful singing voice)
3. Touch my nose with my tongue
4. Sew (I can use a needle and thread for minor things, but I mean really sew)
5. Debate or win an argument by proving my point
6. Figure out how to set up and work most electronic devices
7. Stand up for myself when it really counts

Seven Things That Attract Me To My Spouse (or Significant Other, Best Friend, etc:)

Are you kidding? Let's just move on, shall we? No, wait, I'll list seven things I would like in a spouse instead.

1. Kindness
2. Compassion
3. Patience
4. Stability
5. Gentleness
6. Respect
7. Honor

Seven Things I Say (or Write) Most Often:

1. Freakin'
2. Nuh-uh!
3. Good grief
4. Fucking
5. Are you kidding?
6. Stop it!
7. I understand

Seven Books (or Series) I love:

1. Can Stephen King just count as one?
2. Most everything from V.C. Andrews up to the early 90's (I devoured these as a kid)
3. A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
4. Thin For Life by Anne Fletcher
5. Amazonia by James Rollins
6. Tales From The Scale by Erin J. Shea
7. And too many to mention from Robin Cook

Seven Movies I Would Watch Over and Over Again:

1. American Beauty
2. Steel Magnolias
3. Big
4. The Karate Kid
5. Poltergeist
6. Agnes Of God
7. A League Of Their Own

* I know there must be more movies from the present, but hey, I was a child of the 80's and these are what first came to mind.

Well, that's it. And I'm not gonna tag anyone either 'cause I figure, if you wanna do it you will, no pressure!

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal* said...

I like your sevens. I SO agree with the getting eyes fixed thing. I've worn glasses since I was twelve. Of course, I have an astigmatism, so don't know if that's correctable or not.
I think I'll get rid of the excess fluff and then work on the skin. *wink*

I think it is awesome that Em is artistic. So is my middle chicken. And Lord! The Bratz. And Tinkerbell. *groaning*

Grins*

1:13 PM  
Blogger Jeanette B said...

Hi Beverly....I did the Sevens at my blog. Funny how many things you and I have in common!!

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home