Wednesday, December 07, 2005


Oh, the weather outside is frightful...

Okay, well not really, but they are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow, so I'm just going with it! Apparently Dawnyal and Chrys thought I was feeling left out so they're sending their wintry leftovers directly east. Thanks a lot ladies! JK! I actually don't mind the snow, as long as it isn't too much to function normally (i.e. crazy SUV wielding soccer moms who think 4 wheel drive means they can climb freakin' Mt. Everest), and as long as it vacates the premises in a timely manner (a couple of days is just about enough for me, thank you very much!). But I really don't mind the snow because where I grew up in CA (near San Fran) we didn't have snow, ever. Well, it hailed... twice. And sometimes the dog's water dish would freeze, but that's about the extent of our wintry weather. When we wanted to play in the snow it involved planning and an extensive road trip, so needless to say, we didn't have much opportunity for snowball fights and the such. So if good 'ol Mother Nature sees fit to dump a few inches of the white stuff on us every now and then, well, I say bring it on, I'm game! Me and Em usually have a blast playing like the kid she is, and I still am at heart when it comes to clobbering eachother silly or making a lopsided snowman. And gosh, she just loves it so! The sparkle in her eye when the flakes start to fall is just priceless. So let it snow every day if it will continue to evoke such pure and utter joy in my precious little girl, it'd be worth it for that alone. Oh lord, so maybe that's taking it a little far, but you get the picture! Really, all I ever want for her is simple happiness, and dammit if I'm not willing to do everything in my power to make sure that happens. Okay, I'm done now... no really I am! ;D

On to other news, warning TMI alert, read on at your own risk!! I'm having still more skin "issues". Namely my belly button area. Try as I might, I just can't seem to keep the little booger free of infection. I think I've pretty much got a handle on all the other problem areas beneath the folds of my skin, but this one is particularly persistent and hard to get rid of. Oh, but there was at time, when I was at my biggest, that the creases and crevices of my swollen body were not a pleasant place to visit. The infections would just rage, seemingly out of control. Yet I suffered miserably through because of my own shame and humiliation at my inability to take care of simple personal hygiene. God, that was a dark time in my life! But now, my only real problem area is that damn belly button! I do feel lucky that it's not worse though, because I know how bad it could be. Maybe, if I had some medical insurance, I could file a claim stating that a full body lift would be what is medically necessary due to my poor little belly button being raw and irritated most of the time! Well hell, might as well throw in a boob job, thigh and arm lift, laser eye surgery, and a complete dental overhaul just to boot! Why not, couldn't hurt to ask, right?! Yup, keep dreamin'! So, for now I'll deal, but maybe some day...

Let's see, what else is going on around here? Oh, I just ordered this for Em's "big" present from Santa. Big meaning too freakin' expensive! Yup, you read that right, 70 big ones! The hell you say! For that? Yeah, for that. But hey, it's what she's been jonesen for and well, you know, Santa does aim to please! I'm also getting a Salad Shooter for my mom and stepdad- I know it's cheesy, but it's what they asked for I swear! And I told mom that I would love a new pair of warm, cozy jammies and soft, snuggly slippers. Ahhhh, warmth, that elusive state of being that I've made it my mission in life to find and covet. Oh boy, is this ever gonna be a long cold winter! Seriously, I'm thinking of investing in some good thermal underwear. I've got to do something to combat the cold, 'cause so far, nothing's cuttin' it. I do believe drastic measures are in order! Anyway, I've rambled on long enough. Time to actually work for a living, bah!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll stay away from any snow discussions, because you just can't compete! :p

As far as I remember, my Chatty Cathy doll was $6.99! But that was in the middle ages, after all, I could get a bottle of coke, a full size candy bar and a comic book with my 25 cent weekly allowance :D We got stuck with a big ticket "toy" item request this year, too and if that darn $178 Roboraptor ends up unused in a corner of a certain bedroom within a week I'll be very, very annoyed!

Jergen's makes an anti-bacterial cream (scent-free) that leaves your skin silky smooth and helps prevent nasty things from happening. Sounds to me like you need to get a prescription from a dermatologist; perhaps you can visit one at the medical centre after you've seen your gynecologist (I bet you haven't done that yet, have you?) See? I can nag, too! ;)

11:57 AM  
Blogger B said...

Awww Jilly, you nag you! Just had to go there didn't ya?! ;D

3:05 PM  
Blogger Dianne said...

Have you tried the hair dryer? My gyno told me that I should always use a hair dryer to dry with because then you are really dry in those areas. Works for me give it a try

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home