Friday, October 07, 2005

Just another day.

Not a lot going on here. No profound, introspective realizations, just the same 'ol mundane daily grind. Don't get me wrong, I like the mundane, it just isn't very exciting to write about. Of course, I guess that's not why I do this either. I found this new (well, new to me anyway) website that I absolutely love! I actually heard about it on Showbiz Tonight, and had to check it out immediately. PostSecret is a website where people send in anonymous postcards revealing secrets about themselves, and this guy posts several of them every week for all the world to see. There is even a book of secrets in the works, which I will definitely be buying ASAP! This is so right up my alley, I love anything that reveals true human nature in it's purest form. Now, I'm sure a lot of these are made up just for attention, or because they can, but I bet, more often than not, that these sad, funny, sadistic, painful secrets are all too real. I'm sure we've all got one or two things that we would never share with anyone, ever, yet wish so much that we could. I know I do. In fact, I think I may just send mine in, who knows? And NO, I ain't spilling it here! ;D I do wonder a lot about what people would think of me if I tore down the walls and allowed them some insight into my true self? I think my blog is the one spot where I'm freer with my thoughts, opinions, and emotions than any other place in my life, yet, even here, I remain somewhat guarded. There are things I share here, that I don't share "out there", and vise verse. They are two, very distinctive parts of my life, and oftentimes, I don't feel a lot of the stuff that goes on "out there" warrants a mention or reflection here. This is my place to learn about me, vent my frustrations, and voice my opinions about a lot of stuff, but truly not everything. But, I guess that's ok, 'cause I write about what I want to here, and that's really all that matters. Plus, truthfully, I couldn't possibly write about all the boring stuff that goes on around here on a day to day basis, I'd even put myself to sleep! There's only so much running errands, doing laundry, kitty antics, (although, those are fun to write about sometimes!) and food & exercise routines a girl can stomach. But, like I've said, I thrive on the mundane, it gives me peace.

Speaking of kitties, anyone want one?!! We've still got two of the kittens left. Precious (who was so sick and miraculously recovered) and an orange and white one that Em calls Tiger, or Baby, or Angel. (depending on her mood!) They NEED new homes, NOW! I've had kittens before, I did not want them again. But since they kinda came with the territory, (Whiskers you slut you!) I happily made the exception on the basis that they would grace someone else's furniture with their sharp little kitten claws ASAP! These crazy little kitties absolutely wreck the place where we still keep them confined (for their safety, and our convenience while they're still so small). They have plenty of room to play and run, they just can't get out into the rest of the house where we wouldn't be able to keep track of them. They have their own small litterbox, which I think they like to play in as much as poop in, as evidenced by the amount of litter in the floor around it, and the miscellaneous toy that always seems to find it's way into it. I also can't leave their food and water in there with them because they inevitably turn the dishes over during their harrowing and painful sounding wrestling matches. I literally think they must be trying to eat each other alive sometimes! And when we separate them, they cry for each other! MEOW, MEOW, MEOW! OMG! Like I said, it's time for the little boogers to go! I am perfectly happy with my fat, (well, we're working on it anyway, she got very skinny during her time spent on "the streets") lazy, very un-kitten like Whiskers, thank you very much! Oh, and that reminds me, I think it's high time we get our lazy little sweetie fixed, even if she is a strictly inside cat, just to ensure there are no more "surprises" in the future! After all, if a girl wants to get laid bad enough, she'll find a way!

2 Comments:

Blogger illahee said...

i would love to take your kitties but as i live in japan, i just don't think it would be feasible. sorry.

5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked out PostSecret. Now I have yet another website to visit at 3 a.m. when I can't sleep! I'm not sure how I feel about revealing ALL. Sure, it frightens me to think children may be withholding deep, dark, dangerous secrets, but I'm talking about generally opening your soul to the world and putting it all out there. I feel we're entitled to keep a little bit of ourselves to ourself. Its a comfort thing knowing there's a part of you that nobody else in the world (even those you want to share with) knows, be it a secret crush, a secret thought, a secret feeling or whatever. Its nice to know something is totally yours alone.

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home