Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just a quick update

Well, he hasn't quit yet. But I think it's only because his boss is avoiding further confrontation with him like the plague. Hmmmm, funny how Bub's sparkling superior communication style seems to elicit that sort of response from anyone unfortunate enough to have to deal with him for any period of time, huh? So, I think now that's he's had time to cool off, he won't do anything rash (I hope). Chances are, he'll stick it out until he can find an alternative, or until they (he and his boss) have it out again. Either way, time is of the essence here, so I'd better get cracking. He has sworn that he'll give notice if he does quit, but I'm not sure how reliable that is if he ends up quitting during the heat of the moment, so I'm not gonna count on that. I've contacted Carrie again, and I'm gonna try to make it to the next weekly support group. I'm just waiting on her to let me know when and where it is. I've also started calling around about apartments and duplexes, which is a bit disconcerting considering the lack of openings I keep running into, but I'll find something suitable, I'm sure. Also, my lawyer said that asking the court to hold off on determining Bub's custody and visitation rights with Em until a therapist's opinion can be heard sounded very reasonable, so that's the way I plan to go if he tries to pursue the six weeks during summer break thing. Anyway, there's so much more that I want/need to write about, but I just don't have the time right now, UG! But I'll be back soon, I promise!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're really accomplishing things and progressing in leaps and bounds :) Keep up that momentum ~ you're getting closer by the day!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jeanette B said...

Amen to that! Keep going forward!

Honestly, I dont think the six weeks in the summer thing is mandatory....I think it is a case by case basis. And given Bub's situation, I doubt he would get much unsupervised visits anyway.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Crystal* said...

*fingers crossed* That he will stay just long enough so you can GO!
Hope you make it to the support group.
Hugs,
Crystal*

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home