Thursday, February 08, 2007

Ug, I must be PMSing because it’s around that time when my mood dips the most. Which really isn’t that bad now with my happy pills, but I still notice the difference just the same. BTW, a quick note on said happy pills, I discovered that they are now on that WalMart $4.00 drug list, so my happy pills have just made me even happier!! :D But I digress, I’m feeling blah, and I don’t like it! To tell the truth, as much as I love working from home and all of its fantastic advantages, I’m really just bored and burnt out. I can’t imagine doing this (particularly the telemarketing stuff) FOREVER. There’s just no way. But there honestly isn’t anything that I want to do, well, nothing that I can earn a living doing anyway, so here I am. I want to own a home, I want to have savings, I want to be able to take real vacations, and I want to enjoy real financial stability rather than just getting by. Granted, I can at least pay the bills on time now, and I am in control of my own finances, but now that I can count on that, I guess I just want more.

Em’s been grounded all week for hitting another little boy at school. She got sent to the principle’s office where she received a formal written warning that I had to sign and return. She has “issues” with controlling herself, especially when upset, and this kid is veeeeery easily upset. She’s extremely particular and likes things to be a certain way (usually her way), so when they’re not, well, Katie bar the door! She’s quite introspective too though; she’s actually said to me (after one of her “incidents” that she must get her volatile personality form Bub. So perhaps there’s hope for her yet, as she can actually recognize some of her more undesirable personality traits and relate them to how they affect her actions. If only we all could be so intuitive. Yep, if she can just get through her childhood without committing a felony, I think she’s gonna turn out all right!

My mom just reminded me that my birthday is coming soon. I guess I knew it was coming, but I didn’t realize how close it was. I’ll be 30 on March 3, the big 3-Oh. I wonder if I should do something to celebrate this milestone? I’m not big on parties or spending money on myself for that matter, but perhaps a little something special would be nice. I dunno, I’ll think about it, I still have a little time. Bub has already told me what he’s doing for his birthday. Apparently he’s going to rent a party room in some bar in Little Rock and invite all of his freaky-ass friends for a rockin good time. He also just bought himself a new 40 in. LCD TV from a rent to own place. $2400.00 for the TV, but $5400.00 in all due to exuberant rent to own finance charges. I guess he figures he can afford it now that Jim has asked him to stay on, and because his dad has opted to pay off the loan that we took in their name by taking out an even larger loan and keeping the balance for he and Bub’s mom to use for themselves. This is the loan that Bub got them to take out for us when his last business failed so that we could afford to live until he found another job. And the one I’ve continued to pay my share of since I left. So even though it’s great for me (no more $115.00 payment per month) his dad is royally screwing himself. But he’s stubborn and has his mind made up to do this, so that’s that. Sometimes I wonder what Bub and I ever saw in each other, as we couldn’t possibly be more different. He sees the extra money as just more to blow; I see it as a way to start some savings. He sees renting to own a 40 freakin’ inch TV as an acceptable way to purchase unnecessary luxuries when you have shitty credit. I’m of the mind that if you can’t afford to buy something like that, then you save up until you can. Or at least use a credit card with a reasonable APR and try to pay it off as quickly as possible. But if your credit is so bad that you can’t even get a credit card with a reasonable APR, and more than a $300 limit, then don’tcha think you ought not be buying a 40 FREAKIN INCH TV??!!

Okay, I’m done. As I like to continuously remind myself; this kind of ridiculous crap is no longer my problem. Thank goodness!! Anyway, that’s about all I can muster for now. I feel grumpy so I’m gonna go sulk and be thankful that I had the presence of mind to pawn the M&M jar off on Bub when I did. Otherwise, well… let’s not go there, shall we? ;D

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I mentioned the WalMart generic drug program to you immediately after you announced that you were taking Paxil. I guess you don't read all of the comments posted to this blog, oh well !

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, I checked and I made the WalMart RX suggestion to you shortly after your blog post of 10/14/06. Over 3 months ago........

4:32 AM  
Blogger B said...

I read them, I promise!! I checked the list at the same time too and I didn't see it on there. I just checked again after hearing that a lot more had been added including some antidepressents, and there it was. Oh geez, if it was there all along and I just missed it, it's gonna irritate the crap outta me!! Grrrrrr!

Thanks for looking out for me guys!

(((hugs)))
Beverly

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tone of you two anonymous people above is just not called for and I protest your smarter-than-thou-ness. I simply object. Objection! What is with this "I told you so"? Can't you see that this dear lady is just trying to manage the best she can? And you two are as much as calling her stupid for not reading your oh so enlightening and gracious comments. You made unnecessary comments to this post for no other purpose than to express "I'm so smart and you're not." You know what? She got enough of that crap from Bub.

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Anonymous 2

I was simply trying to help Bev save a lot of $$$ when she mentioned that she was taking Paxil. Paxil isn't cheap. I'm glad that she found it and I was just frustrated that she needlessly spent more money than she had to for a handful of months. I mean't no harm to Bev or to insinuate than I am smarter than she is.

So Anonymous 2 my suggestion to you is to stick it.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, thank god Bub's ridiculous crap is no longer your concern, though it would be nice if he stepped up to the plate and used any spare money towards more useful things (how about an education fund for his daughter?) rather than partying in a bar and buying a huge ass TV. What a waste of space that guy is.

I've decided that all Em's desirable characteristics come from you and anything less than perfect is as a result of Bub's DNA. Works for me. Its good that she recognizes (at such a young age) when she needs to check herself. Bodes well for the future.

Glad you're saving money on the meds now (sorry, I have to chuckle at the "battle of the anons" going on here. Yes, let's all show our support by bringing a little skirmish to the comment section ;)

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you are saving $$$s on your drugs. I believe the drugs at wally world vary by state but I could be wrong.

I can see both your personalities in Em. Don't you like to have things nice and orderly? Where the problem comes in is she gets Bub's it's my way or no way attitude blended right in with it.

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home