Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Well, I’ve got some pretty crappy news, but surprisingly I’m not too freaked out about it. In fact, I kind of see it as just another push/step in the right direction of my long-term goals. My church lady job is shutting down, effectively cutting out my main source of income. My first reaction? OH SHIT!!!! Then shock and disbelief as I had discussed this very scenario with my boss before deciding to buy the house a few months ago and he emphatically assured me that the church ladies would always need supporting as long as I wanted the job. But unforeseeable shit that is out of our control sometimes happens, so there ya have it, no more church ladies. Ug. I then, of course, automatically assumed that all my grandiose ideas of going back to school would be down the tubes because I would have to scramble to get some sort of full time job to cover the bills, thus continuing the drudgery of working in unfulfilling dead-end jobs. And I even began searching initially, but quickly discovered that I just couldn’t stomach the thought starting over with the same ol' crap all over again. So I regrouped and started crunching numbers and scenarios, and I’ve decided that I’m just not willing to settle for the same ol' crap anymore. By god, I’m going back to school, one way or another, I WILL make this work! I’ll just have to take on more hours with my other job and make sure to take full advantage of the help that’s available for students out there. Grants, scholarships, student loans, it CAN be and IS done all the time. Sure, it’s gonna be a whole lot harder this way, but at least there’s a way, and by golly, I’m up for the challenge! :) So that's it, do or die time, here we go... YIKES!!

In other news, we have baby birdies!!! I actually meant to post pics of the nest and eggs before now but, well, I suck at updating lately, so sue me. ;D Anyway, we noticed the nest a few weeks ago in the eve of our front entrance so climbed up my stepladder to take a few pics and this is what we found:



We’ve since been checking every few days, and yesterday we finally found this!:



Awwwww, so ugly they’re cute, aren’t they?!

9 Comments:

Blogger Jocelyn said...

I dont mean this to sound patronising or anything like that but when one door closes another one opens. Losing the church ladies job might suck in some ways, but maybe its the universes way of pushing you to do what you need to do to realise your dreams.

Good luck

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I must say I'm delighted at your perspective and attitude about this - the old Bev would have freaked out totally and been mired in anxiety and worry. You sound hopeful, motivated and, dare I say, excited about this turn of events - wow!

Sure, it'll be tough until you sort it all out and get settled into the plan to follow your dream, but it can't be any tougher than what you've already lived through and this time you KNOW there will be a happy ending!

P.S. - yes, the birds are totally ugly! ;)

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - one crazy year out the door and here comes another!!

Could you life be changing more?!?! Wow!

I too (like miss Jill) am so impressed with your attitude. That is just great!! You can do anything as long as you don't accept defeat!!

You go girl!!!

-Sandi

3:01 PM  
Blogger C.M.S. said...

You sound like you're ready to take on anything! I always remind myself that things happen for a reason. Sometimes we don't know what the heck the reason is, but it always shows itself at the end. So, with that I'll move on with the bird business. Have fun watching those babies grow. We had a fledgling Starling adopt us a week ago, you can read all about it my daughter's blog.
Happy Summer to Em, by the way!
Paulina (on Cody's blog)

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev,
i have watched your blog for a year or so now....dont even remember how i found it! trying to lose weight i think! Anyways, my point is....i am proud of you for going back to school! after my divorce of ten years of a sucky marriage at age 31...i went back to school that next fall (1994, boy it's been a few years!), and finished my education and got a BSW degree, and became a social worker! I then went to grad school right away and got my MSW, and now in 2007 i have had my own private practice for 2 years!! You can do it and it will be so rewarding~! you have tons of life experience to offer people who are struggling and have no hope! here is my website of my private practice! www.northwestcounseling-gr.com Get started and conquer the world! Susan Gill!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are handling this very well and having a great perspective on it. Good for you for still going back to school. I'm like the others and believe that one door closes for a reason and there's always at least a window open for you.

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes, talk about really crappy timing! Everyone is right, when one door closes, another one opens...or a window just big enough to crawl through. ;-)

Good luck going back to school. Let me know if you have any questions about the financial aid process. I went through it every year for a few years. You'll probably be eligible for more than I was because you have Em. Thank goodness she's good for something. ;-)

7:21 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Hey are you guys OK??? I keep checking but no updates for ages. I hope things are going well for you & EM

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope all is going well. I miss reading your posts. It's been a long time!

Lyn

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home