Saturday, August 27, 2005

A little bit of pampering.

Well, I just returned from my "Great Escape- A Day For Women" expo thingy. It was fun! And I got to spend as long as I liked browsing around the various booths since Em stayed home with daddy pigging out on pizza and watching movies. They had all sorts of samples, drawings to sign up for, and mini services like hand massages and manicures, both of which I partook in. I've never actually had my nails done professionally before, and while it was nice, it certainly isn't anything I would ever feel the need to pay for on a regular basis. The hand massage was my favorite, followed by a paraffin wax hand treatment, and then a "coffee" scrub which was almost too abrasive, yet still very nice. I also had my "colors" checked (not sure if there's a name for this or not) where they wrap different color fabrics around you and tell you which are most complimentary with your skin tone. Apparently I'm a "Summer" and lighter colors look best on me. I guess I'll take their word for it since I'm completely clueless when it comes to girly stuff like that. I also tried a few samples like a small bit of dark soy chocolate with, and a piece of a hazelnut soy bar. Both were quite tasty yet ridiculously overpriced, so needless to say, neither found their way home with me. I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to participate in the body massages and pedicures, as they were all booked up by the time I arrived. All in all, it was a nice time, and I think I'll make plans to attend next year as well, only a tad bit earlier though.

Next on the agenda for today is a birthday party for one of Em's little school friends. It's a pool party from 6-8 this evening, and she couldn't be more excited! So, since I'm a bit pressed for time (I haven't even started the laundry yet!) I'm gonna cut this entry a little short, and see if I can't take care of a few responsibilities before it's time to go.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your great little escape ~ I'm a firm believer in regular pampering, after all (as the commercial goes) "you're worth it" ;)

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home