Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Getting it all down and avoiding responsibility!

Well, last night I put together an outline to get all this crap floating around in my head down on paper in the form of a book (hopefully). My thanks to Jilly for putting that particular buzz in my ear, I knew you'd be so proud!! I'm not sure yet what exactly will come of it, if anything, considering I'm not exactly known for finishing things I've started, but it is a start at least. My aspirations are that it become a comprehendible, frank discussion of my life as a fat girl thus far, and what has worked for me to get my weight/food issues under some semblance of control. And even if nothing ever does come of it, I think just getting it all out will be somewhat therapeutic, if nothing else. I almost don't want to even mention that I've begun such a feat, for fear of being a let down if/when I don't follow through. But, nevertheless, it's something that's going on with me right now, and what better place to discuss it than right here? Hopefully there will be updates on this topic in the future.

Man, my head is all over the place today. I'm finding it difficult to focus on one thing or another. Which, of course, means that nothing is actually getting accomplished! It's going to be just me and Em tonight (DH is off doing what he does with a friend and won't be back until late) so I'm trying to figure out something fun for us to do together. Unfortunately it's raining and storming here, so I guess a nice walk around the neighborhood is out of the question. Bummer! But I hate to just sit around watching the boob tube all night. Hey, maybe I'll engage her in a rousing game of UNO or Yahtzee, that could be fun! Yesterday we did some crafts together and made beautiful little sun catchers out of beads. She's so creative and artistic! And smart and beautiful, witty, charming, funny and precocious. Okay, so maybe I'm a little biased here, but who can blame me??! ; )

So, I got this email from my Grandma (my 87 year-old Grandma, mind you) the other day, with the following joke attached:

Three old ladies named Gertrude, Maude and Jo were sitting on a park bench having a quiet conversation when a flasher approached from across the park.

The flasher came up to the ladies, stood right in front of them and opened his trench coat.

Gertrude immediately had a stroke.

Then Maude also had a stroke.

But Jo, bless her heart, being the older and more feeble of the group, just couldn't reach quite that far.


OMG! How could I not pass that along? You gotta love Grandmas.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo, you go girl! I want a signed copy of that book, ya hear? Does anyone else reading this blog find the following sentence ironic? "I'm not exactly known for finishing things I've started...". This, coming from someone who spent a year or so losing a couple of hundred pounds and becoming fit, AND who has maintained for about two years now! Never underestimate yourself, my dear.

P.S. - Your Grandma's a riot!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home