Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Wednesday

Em has her little friends over for one last playdate before school starts on Friday. They're being awfully quiet in there, hmmm, that can't be good! Better than crying and fighting I guess. ;) We took her to Playworld yesterday which is a fun place for kids with a huge indoor playmaze. I'm trying to make sure to get plenty of fun stuff packed into this last week before she has to get back to the daily grind of school. She actually likes school, more than I did anyway, but she's a bit nervous about starting the new year. She worries a lot (gee, I wonder where she gets that from?!) about whether she'll do well and how hard it will be. She really has nothing to worry about, she's exceptionally smart, but she's very critical and hard on herself and expects perfection. I do what I can to calm her fears and boost her self confidence but I have to wonder how affective I can be, suffering from the same fears myself? I'm sure she must pick up on that, how could she not?

So, Whiskers has "done her business" on the floor three times now! I expected there would be some adjustment period since she was accustomed to having the great outdoors as her own personal potty, but come on! She knows where the litter box is and what it's for, in fact she uses it most of the time. So why is she leaving us "little surprises" every now and then?? Whatever the reason, we need to get this nipped in the bud ASAP because I am not down with my house smelling like one giant litter box! The kittens are three weeks old today. They can all successfully climb out of their bed now so we've had to section off a little area around the bed to keep them confined at night. They're soooo darn cute, having really just learned how to walk (even if their little bellies still drag the ground because they're not yet strong enough to carry their own weight). And it looks like they are able to spend more and more time away from their momma now, so I don't foresee any problems with a 6-8 week weaning. Which is good considering that'll be just about all I can take of five little kittens running around the place, regardless of how darn cute they are!!

Well, I think that's about it for today. I've got to round the girls up and get them home soon, so I'm gonna cut this one a little short. But I'll be back to blather on about even more insignificant things tomorrow, I hope! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home