Monday, October 10, 2005

This new, regular work schedule of Bub's may pose a problem to my normal dietary fare. I'm used to eating what ever I want for dinner since he's usually not here, or not awake, but now that he's a full time working stiff, the man's gonna want a real freaking dinner! Aaack! My dieting philosophy, all along, has been not to disrupt our regular family dynamic. Which translates into eating the same 'ol crap as everyone for dinner, just less of it and adding a big ass salad or veggies. And I lost the bulk of my weight practicing said philosophy, but for the last year or two there really hasn't been a need since he's very rarely been around for normal meal times. I have to say, I've gotten pretty accustomed to having complete control over my and Em's meals (her junk food consumption has drastically been reduced, much to her disdain) and I like it thataway!! So, now that the old man is coming home with a grumbly tummy, and there's absolutely no chance of getting him to eat my "rabbit food" as he calls it, well, I guess I'm just shit out of luck! Man, this sucks! But I guess I'm not gonna complain (well, too much anyway!) because I'm still just happy as a lark to be able to afford to put food on the table in the first place! See, I don't ask for much! ;D

So things seem to be working out very well with the new job so far. He was only late once last week, (couldn't quite seem to drag his lazy ass outta bed on time) but hopefully he's not gonna make a habit out of it. And truthfully, bossman did say he didn't care in the slightest if Bub didn't make it in till 8:30 every morning. Thank goodness this guy is laid back! And, Bub has already impressed the guy's socks off. So much so, that bossman has already raised him up to the next salary level that was previously agreed upon, (they agreed to step his salary up in chunks every few weeks and months until we get to the level he deserves) and has decided to give Bub a bonus on his next paycheck for saving bossman's ass on a project that was fumbled by an ignorant contractor. Like I said, the boy does know his stuff! And man, can we ever use the money right now! Yep, I really think I could get used to this!! Just maybe, I'll let my guard down enough to do so... in a few years! ;D

Anyway, gotta scram. It's just about time to pick him up from work, and then I gotta figure out what the hell to make for dinner! Nope, I don't think I like this one little bit! ;D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does the man only like junk food? There's so much healthy, tasty food out there that doesn't consist mainly of "rabbit food". Then again, I seem to remember you saying his tastes run to iced spice cake wrapped up in pizza, so I guess all I can say is good luck!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I am on plan, our dinners are still the same, I just have less too. What are some of his favorite dinners? We do alot of tacos, spaghetti, tortalini(sp?) and chicken. Is it different than that??

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home