Friday, November 25, 2005

Oh, the drama!

Bub's been causing drama at work. I guess it was really just a matter of time. You can't take a personality like his and throw it right in the middle of regular folk and expect it to not cause a ruckus. IMO, he's just gotten a bit too big for his britches, gee, who'dve thunk it? I've mentioned before that bossman (Jim) is expecting Bub to take things over upon retirement, and that he should assume a manager role on top of his regular lead developer duties. Which is all fine and dandy, 'cause you know how the boy loves to be in charge, but he takes this shit so damn literally that he now says he doesn't know if he can continue in the role unless Jim is willing to back off and let him have control over everything! Well, not everything, but I'm sure that's what it must feel like to Jim. Now, granted, Jim is micro-managing, but it is his company, and he's been running it all by himself for the last twelve years, so yeah, I guess he might be a little set in his ways! But you know Bub, it's his way or no way. So, of course, I'm scared to death that he's gonna strong arm his way right back into jobless (moneyless) hell, and frankly, I don't know if I can go back there again. Why does he have to be such a fucking prick? Things have been going so smoothly, and I've even let my guard down at bit and let myself start to get used to some consistency. Shame on me, I should have known better. Stuff like this is exactly why I've been sitting here waiting for the other shoe to drop, because with him, I know it's usually too good to be true. All I want is a little freakin normalcy, is that really too much to ask? God, I sound so whinny, I hate that! But after this many years of never quite knowing what to expect, and knowing him the way I do, well, I can't help but be so damn paranoid! Anyway, he's having a "talk" with Jim today, to iron out his duties, procedures, and expectations, so we'll see how that goes. In the meantime, all he's wanted to do is talk and talk and talk about every single minute little detail of how things are being done incorrectly and what needs to change in order for him to continue on in this position. OMG! Just shut the hell up for five freakin minutes! All this while I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get prepared for Thanksgiving and the arrival of my in-laws. Then having to deal with him and my MIL push each other's buttons relentlessly, plus my MIL's, well... "issues", and cooking the whole dinner myself while trying to keep everyone entertained, well let's just say I'm finished! That's it, everyone leave me the hell alone!

Okay, I'm done now (taking deep breaths and counting to 10). The in-laws were sent packing yesterday afternoon, and not a moment too soon, IMO. And the rest of the day was spent listening to Bub go on and on about his job situation again before he finally broke so we could watch Survivor and the Apprentice in peace, thank god! Then I quickly excused myself off to bed (citing turkey day exhaustion) as soon as our shows were over in order to avoid anymore unnecessary discussion on the topic. So, whatever happens with Jim today happens, and I'll deal with it as it comes. All I can say is that he'd better do what ever it takes to keep this job, and keep in mind that sometimes it just simply takes a little go along to get along, KWIM? Dammit, I so don't need this right now!

Anyway, the turkey day dinner turned out pretty well. Everything got done at roughly the same time, which also just happened to be at approximately the time I had hoped to have it all done, so that was a relief! And it all tasted pretty darn good too, if I do say so myself! A little too good though, 'cause I think I ate too much, bleh! I had that icky over-full feeling that I've really grown to hate now for several hours afterwards, which only proved to remind me that I still have to keep this weight stuff in check every single day. But I was right back OP today, so all is well in my little world for the time being. Now I just have to make it through the mammoth buffet at my SIL's little shindig tomorrow and the coast should be clear until Christmas. So wish me luck, and may the force be with me!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a pompous ass! Bub, that is. How is it that he has such a sense of self-importance? In his quest to be all empowering, does he not think for a moment that he may blow it all ~ not only his, but his entire family's financial security? If the day ever comes where he successfully runs a company on his own for 12 years then he may be entitled to be self-righteous and demanding (god help his employees, though) but it sounds like he's been all bluster with very little success for awhile (yeah, I know he's brilliant at his craft, but having a pushy and obnoxious personality can negate that pretty quickly). Let's just hope he can tone it down a bit and hear what Jim has to say about running his own company. I bet Bub's rooting for the loudmouth, overbearing Judd and Miss Self-Entitlement StephenME to be the final two in Survivor? ;)

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home