Monday, March 12, 2007

My mommy is coming to visit; my mommy is coming to visit!! Yep, my mom and stepdad are going to drive here from California at the end of March, and I CANNOT WAIT! They’ll be here for a week, spending part of the time in town with my brother, and the other part here in my town with Em and me. Luckily, my brother only lives about 35 minutes away by interstate, so we’ll pretty much get to see them all week. They plan on checking out some scenic attractions along the way to AR like the Grand Canyon so, of course,I suggested they try to find the biggest ball of yarn and the biggest frying pan but alas, both appear to be too far off the beaten path,unless they plan to travel by some other route than I-40. I guess they could always check out the biggest bottle of hair tonic in Oklahoma if they were really hard up. Um, eeeeeew? Who cares, as long as they take plenty of pics and get their butts here ASAP, that’s all that matters to me! I’m not sure what we'll do while they’re here yet, besides just hanging out and enjoying the time together. Hopefully the weather will be just right, not too hot and not too cold, as it typically is here in late March. But I know better than to count on it, one of our sayings here is, “if you don’t like the weather just wait 15 minutes and it’ll change.” In fact, the weather people here literally call this time of year the fifth season, as in tornado season. Oh goody.

In other news, it looks as though I may end up being a bonafide homeowner a lot sooner than expected, like waaaaaaay sooner. Since I’m just looking for a starter house that’s not too pricey, everyone seems to think that getting me approved will be a piece of cake, so much so that Em and I even went to check a few possibilities out this weekend, and we found one we liked a lot in my price range! It’s a three bedroom, two bath, house with a fenced in back yard and a garage, located near the end of a long cul-de-sac in precisely the neighborhood I was hoping for! And I'm thinking, dear lord, what else could I possibly fit into this roller coaster of a year?! Seriously, what a difference a year makes, huh? It simply amazes me how easily things tend to fall into place with they’re just right, y'know?

Now, to brag once again about my immensely talented daughter; Em did a class art project at the beginning of the school year of a scarecrow, which recently won best in school. Well, we just found out that it is going on to the Arkansas Art Museum in Little Rock to be displayed at, and compete in the annual Young Arkansas Artist competition. It will be on display from April 6 - May 27, and you better believe we’ll be making the trip to Little Rock ASAP to check it out! I wish I had more info or a pic to display, but I'll be sure to update as soon as I find out anything else about it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! How nice that your mum and stepdad are visiting, esp. since you don't get to see them that often.

That's fantastic news about the house. Yes, what a difference a year makes - overwhelmingly so ;)

What will your talented little miss get up to next? We do expect pics!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how exciting it is to have a family member who's an artist too! You must post pics of her artwork on display.

How exciting about the house! I definately want to try and fly out to help you move. I've helped so many people move, I'm almost a pro.

Have a great time when your mommy and Mark and in town!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so exciting on both fronts!!!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home