Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Are we there yet???

Oh dear lord, what a flippin’ ordeal this house buying business has been! Y’know what I really despise? Coming to the disturbing realization of just how vulnerable my sometimes-foolish naiveté can leave me. Honestly, had I known what I was getting myself into; I probably never would have bothered. But I simply didn’t do my research and quite frankly, I was completely unprepared for what all buying a home would entail. However… the last hoop has successfully been hurdled and I am, without a doubt, finally going to close on and move into my own home this weekend. But not without the very greatly appreciated help of my wonderful parents who have come to the rescue… once again. ;D What on earth would I do without them? I’ll spare you all of the gory details of the last two month’s headaches and frustrations simply because I haven’t the time or inclination to rehash the B.S. Let’s just say that my most formidable stumbling blocks have been due to my chaotic financial history with Bub and my current contract employment status with the church ladies. Apparently underwriters aren’t too keen on lowly self-employed individuals trying to obtain home mortgage loans, especially if they don’t have any recent tax records to show for. Hmmmm, oh yeah, well there’s that… DOH! Anyway, I promise that pics are still forthcoming, no really, I swear! And hopefully a more thorough update when time and patience allows.

BTW, did y'all notice that we've passed the one-year anniversary of my great escape? April 21, 2006, it's amazing how drastically things can change in so little time, huh? :D

4 Comments:

Blogger C.M.S. said...

Bev,
It's so good to hear from you again! I'm sorry to hear of the trials you've gone through in this new home adventure, but think of how strong you are and how far you've come! Once again, congrats on all you've achieved, earned and most of all deserve! Good luck with the move.

Paulina

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!

Sorry the journey was such an ordeal, but you'll be saying "There's no place like home" once you and Em have settled in. Your very own home! What an accomplishment (even if your prior financial history with Bub made it so difficult. Maybe you'll appreciate it all the more because of that.)

Congrats on one year of freedom. Woo hoo - its certainly been a year of change and a learning experience. When you look back and remember how impossible it all felt back then, surely you're amazed at yourself and what you're capable of doing! There's so much still ahead; this is just the beginning!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bev, that is so exciting. Glad to hear it is almost there. You know it will be so worth it knowing that it is yours.

I can't believe it has been a year already.

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that buying a new house can be so stressful!! But your almost there babe!

CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to see the pics!

-Sandi

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home