Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Yesterday Bub had his car repossessed lest he be issued an arrest warrant for grand theft auto. He also received an eviction notice for his apartment in Memphis since he hasn’t been paying the rent. Today he was informed that FedEx would no longer be needing his services and that he was not to show back up. Just like that, one fell swoop, everything gone. Almost enough to make ya feel sorry for the guy… almost.

I knew he hadn’t bothered making payments on the car they bought 2 months ago, primarily because someone from the car lot showed up here looking for him and they’ve been calling me trying to locate him for weeks now. *Funny side note; when the car lot guy came knocking on my door it was only a few days after Bub informed me of the FBI inquiry into his server activities. So when this strange man showed up asking for Bub I just knew it had to be the eff bee eye come to search the premises! Alas, no search ensued, but the dude was awful anxious to locate Bub nonetheless, or more importantly, the stolen vehicle in question. I digress. My point was that I knew he hadn’t been making any car payments but I figured he was at least making sure to keep a roof over their heads. That’s what I get for assuming anything with idiot boy huh? Pfffft. Anyway, all this he tells me as he is walking home from what was to be his last day of work (still unbeknownst to him at the time), the whole while reiterating the intricate sob story of how he’s been so wronged and was justified in not assuming the responsibility for any of this mess. Woe is me, the world against Bub, sigh… He has an excuse for everything of course, and it even sounds pretty darn convincing like always, but I’ve heard it all before. So and so did this so what was I to do? Such and such happened, I had no other choice. This bill collector had the audacity to be rude to me on the phone so I have no intention of working with them now, that’ll teach them to disrespect me. Blah blah blah, same shit different day.

Poor new chick, she hasn’t the mental stability to endure this I’m afraid. And this is just the start of what is yet to come; the vomitus roller coaster of life with Bub. She really deserved a good guy this time around, she’s been through so much, but Bub is what she got. Sometimes life is simply unfair. I delicately explained the sitch to Em, ever mindful of my words in front of her, and her response? That’s what he gets for being so irresponsible and not paying his bills on time. I wish daddy would just grow up. Hmmm.

So he’ll pick up his last check on Thursday, gather their few belongings this weekend, and beg plead and borrow their way back to Arkansas, destination yet unknown. No car, no home, no job. And to think, this could have been Em and me with him; would have been in fact, were it not for all of you.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that is just unbelievable. How is it possible that someone could not pay their rent or their car payment and expect it all to work out. I am soooo glad you two are out of that situation!!!!

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I guess I should feel sorry for the guy...NOT.
Have you tossed his sh*# from the garage yet? I would so get rid of it today!
He has become a major train wreck and he needs to stay away from you guys.
Stay strong Bev. You are safe and he can't touch you if you don't let him

11:45 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

I was thinking along the same lines as Aunt Sandy. Get rid of his stuff and don't you dare go help him move out, or find a new place!

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... ditto what was said above. As much as all of this happeneing at once sucks, I can't feel sorry for a guy who believes that he can live rent-free and have a car for free too. I really feel sorry for new chick though. It sounds like she won't be able to handle this very well.

I have to agree with the posts above though, as much as you want to be the peacemaker in everything, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole. I'd seriously keep my distance from him. You're not his caretaker anymore, he can call his momma if it gets that bad.

Em really hit the nail on the head... she's such a smart girl. She obviously gets that from you.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Navigator of Life said...

I agree with everyone else. Stay away from this whole situation, FAR AWAY. You can not rescue the new chick either she is going to have to find her own way out. Get rid of his stuff if it is still in your garage you put yourself in jeopardy with it in there. If there was anything seriously bad in there the eff bee eye would not hesitate in removing Em from your home. Think smart, try not to be the "nice guy". Protect yourself and Em.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

If you ever had any doubt you did the right thing I think this proves you had no other choice.

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I don't feel sympathy or pity for him (though I do feel badly for new chick). Thank goodness the recent pregnancy scare was only a scare - doesn't bear thinking about.

It says a lot when a child has more sense than her father and wishes he'd grow up.

Oh, and part of growing up is not asking others to take care of stuff they should be taking care of themselves (hint, hint)

"And to think, this could have been Em and me with him; would have been in fact, were it not for all of you."

Oh no, you don't! Give credit where credit is due. Sure you had support and encouragement, but YOU did this and only you. You stepped up and made the decision to provide a better life for yourself and your child. It wasn't easy and it was certainly a courageous move and look at you now!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Kery said...

I'm not even sure what to sya about this whole situation. Maybe "I'm really glad that you got out of there in time"? (Though I'd agree that it's too bad for the new GF; nobody deserves being dragged through crap like this...)

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just continue saying no!

I wish Bub would start a blog, imagine how entertaining it would be!

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home