Monday, February 18, 2008

All right, I suppose its time. The last few weeks have not been some of my most shining examples of motherly wisdom, hence the pic in my last post. Em stayed with Bub for a week as a sort of experiment. Her behavior has been out of control, no respect, and no desire to follow directions. So we tried this out, at her therapist’s recommendation, to scare her straight if you will. Which it did, I certainly regained some much needed structure and control. But then the other shoe dropped and I’m straight back in the midst of Bubbaland crazymaking. While Em was still there, asleep thank god, he called me because he and new chick had been fighting and he was suicidal (again). I knew he wouldn’t kill himself with Em there so I told him to suck it up and go to opposite ends of the trailer until morning when I could pick her up. I didn’t want to subject her to this craziness if I could avoid it. I’m wishing I had just gone over there now and had him committed but you know how that damn hindsight is. Anyway, I of course told him that she would no longer be staying over there (well duh) and he flipped (double duh). I’m sure most rational human beings would recognize that perhaps they shouldn’t be responsible for a child when they’re so royally screwed up, but this is Bub we’re talking about. He actually said to me, “I thought we were friends and I could confide things to you without you using them against me.” My reply? I’m her mom first. (That one earned an “atta girl” from the silly boy, *blush) Anyway, he’s pissed in typical Bubba fashion and quite frankly I could care less. I’m not sick over it, I’m not stressing over it, I’m just dealing with it through uncanny steadfast resolve, which I have to admit, I find utterly fascinating. He’s throwing all kinds of crap at me; accusations, innuendo, Bubba logic, threats, etc. Yes, threats, though thinly veiled they were. In his effed up head I’m totally in the wrong here and have no leg to stand on, so if I don’t cooperate then he’ll not cooperate either. Meaning that he’ll engage in some sort of a custody battle with me. LMAO!! I just said, I understand Bub, do whatever you think is necessary. Idiot. So that’s what I’m dealing with in a nutshell. There is, of course, so much more to the story than this, but I’m tired… in more ways than one.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you are BULLETPROOF! All those accusations and crap that Bub is throwing your way AIN'T STICKIN'!

I'm with silly boy--ATTA GIRL!! :)

Jen415

10:13 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

(((HUGS)))

Behind you all the way!!

Love Ya!

Sandi

11:07 AM  
Blogger Wien. said...

I got one of those ex's too. We are going through the custody adn visitation court proceedings right now. Document as much as you can. Dates, times, emails, everything! If he threatens you, file a report on him. Do not hesitate.
As far as being "freinds", I don't think so. Friends don't treat each other the way he continues to treat you. You are "parents" to Em and that is the only thing you two have in common.
Is it too late to call the mental health authorties on him?

You hang tough!
W.

12:31 AM  
Blogger Navigator of Life said...

Your job is to keep Em safe, however you need to do that. He is not your friend. You are doing a very good job providing Em with a safe, loving and nuturing environment. Give yourself a pat on the back or an "atta girl" and keep moving forward.
He is never going to change, but you can change the way you react and deal with him. I give you a lot of credit, it's not easy.

Lyn

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That just sucks he's pulling this crap again. Good for you for standing your ground!!!!

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more distance you have the easier it gets....

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home