Friday, April 11, 2008

Oops he did it again...

This time for realz. The details are still sketchy but apparently Bub swallowed some of new chick’s pills and is now resting comfortably at an in-patient facility. I had no idea anything was going on until he called Em (presumably from the hospital after having his stomach pumped) to tell her that he was going away for a little while to get some help. Then his brother called and let me in on what was going on, as much as he knew anyway. From what I’ve been able to piece together he and new chick got into it per usual and he left out walking. He then came back and took some of her pills before leaving again. Somehow the police became involved though I’m not sure why, and they tried to pick him up. Apparently he ran from the cops and then resisted and fought them when they finally caught him. At that point the pills kicked in and he went into a seizure whereupon an ambulance was called. He was then taken to the hospital to have his stomach pumped, which he also fought the ER attendants on, but they got it done regardless. After spending most of the day in the critical care unit he was transported to a facility in another town where he is now being held until further notice. It seems that he was given the choice to either go to in-patient willingly or go to jail. Since he went willingly there won’t be any charges filed by the cops.

New chick is being a real drama queen saying she can’t leave because she has no place to go since she spent all of her crazy check on the rent and utilities for the trailer. They ended up not getting kicked out because he convinced her to stay and she ponied up the dough. Now she’s saying she has no choice because she’s out of money so she’ll likely be there when he gets back and then the whole cycle can commence repetition. I dunno, she might go; it’s all pretty iffy right now. I offered to take her somewhere if she wants me to but she didn’t take me up on it at the time. He’s playing the same old head games with her as he did with me so I get her confusion and apprehension.

Either way, I’m still moving forward with my plans. I figured I might as well just kick him while he’s down. (Sarcasm peppered with remorse and guilt) I can’t let this change anything otherwise it’ll never end, and I am soooo ready for it to end. At least this way I will no longer be responsible for making and paying for his funeral arrangements if he tries again and manages to succeed. That was me trying to put a positive spin on things in case you missed it. ;-)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chin up. Get out of it as quickly as possible.

It's not your duty to save the new chick. She's a big girl. Don't get sucked into the drama more than you have to.

Get the divorce through. Leave the state and go live closer to family. Put as much physical distance between you and him as possible. Protect Em as much as possible from his drama.

Wendy

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When it hits the fan "It" hits the fan. Good for you for still going forward. It's the best thing you can do for you and Em right now. I think wendy gave you some good advice about moving closer to your family.

Hang in there. Hopefully this will be over soon.
Dawnyal

11:27 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Wow. Well at least he won't be knocking at your door any time soon.

When you were ready to leave, there wasn't ever a good time, so you just had to pick a day and do it. There isn't EVER going to be a good time to divorce him, so you just need to do it and be done.

I agree that the new chick isn't your problem and you really need to be careful offering anything to her. You DO NOT want to her to become dependent on you for anything. She is a grown woman.

Would you consider moving? Is that legally possible? I guess when you get sole custody it will be..

(((HUGS)))
Sandi :)

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has to be real, cause NO ONE could make this shit up.

I agree--let New Chick find her own way, get your divorce, pack your shit and get the hell outta dodge!!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was an excellent way to put a positive spin on things. I'm happy to hear he's in some sort of facility and out of your hair for the time being. Bummer that they aren't filing any charges though.

I'm actually happy to hear that he told Em he was "getting some help." Either he actually believes he needs help, or he really meant he just needed temporary medical attention and not psychiatric help. Hmmm...

There's no need to feel remorse and guilt for continuing with your plans. His actions, albiet nuts, can't dictate when you send him the papers. With the way he's been spiraling, there might not ever be a "good time" for serve him papers.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

I think right now is a great time to make your move legally. He's in the perfect spot for your cause. I know it sounds mean, but his situation does not shed a good light on him, it shows him in his true light, as a dad who is not capable of being a solid, healthy influence on his daughter. He should not have called her. Period.

I agree with everyone else regarding the new chick. She's not your problem. You can feel sorry that her life is hell right now, but you don't have to fix it for her. She got herself there, even after you warned her. She can get herself out.

Get going with that attorney, file your papers for full legal custody and do it now!

Sorry for ranting. I just know how good it feels to be free of that drama and want the same for you and Em.
w.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate the idea of you having to pack up your lovely little house, disrupt Em's school life, your employment/college and whole routine because of him, but I totally understand if you make that choice. He's a frightening loose cannon.

I'm actually glad he spoke to Em and confirmed what you told her about him needing help (after he told her you fabricated all that). She needs to know what's going on and that he's at least looking for help (as useless as we all consider him, she still cares about her daddy). I don't hold out much hope, but, for Em's sake I hope he takes this opportunity to straighten out.

About new chick? I applaud your compassion towards her, but she has to find the same strength you did. She is not your responsibility.

Proceed while the going's good - you're not kicking him while he's down, you're protecting yourself and Em. He is not your responsibility, either.

For some reason I'm reminded of a famous quote: "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." Yes, I'm awful.

Jill

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home