Monday, April 21, 2008

Two years ago today…

Was the day of the great escape.

Bub got served on Friday; I have officially filed for divorce. I gave him a head’s up email first just so it wouldn’t be a complete sucker punch when the process server showed up at trailer #53. He’s not too happy with me, to say the least. He gave me a chance to reconsider and informed me that if I didn’t he would “fight tooth and nail” for custody. I thought it particularly generous of him to give me a chance to see the light before he brings down the hammer, but this is Bub we’re talking about, obviously generosity and kindness abound. Anyway, I was purposefully concise in our correspondence because words are merely loopholes for him, and then I forwarded the messages on to my mom and my lawyer, in that order. I haven’t much else to say about it really, it’s done, the ball is rolling, and now I must let come what may.

School is almost over for both of us, which I’m looking forward to. And I’m wondering whether or not I’ll be able to return in the fall. It’s been incredibly stressful this semester and I’m questioning my ability to hack it. I dunno yet, I’ll give it some time and thought, and let everyone know when I know.

The silly boy is reading my blog now. All together now, everyone say hi! He really wanted to read it and I felt it was time, so there you have it. He’s been my backbone in getting this divorce going; I don’t think I’d be at the place I am now if it wasn’t for him (I’m not blaming you, you goof, I’m thanking you, sheesh!). His encouragement, pep talks, and constant support have meant the world to me. He, my family, friends, all have been an amazing support staff (*wink @ Dave), and I simply couldn’t ask for more. He’s been amazing to Em too, as I’ve allowed them to talk and chat over time. Constant positive reinforcement and encouragement, playful and fun, and never a hint of irritation or anger. Which, believe me, that girl can evoke in the best of them when she has a mind to.

Em and her new bff have been spending copious amounts of time together and have now decided that they will go to undergrad together and then on law school all while living together. Then they'll open their own law practice and commence to rule the world. Well, she didn’t exactly say that last part, but we all know its part of her evil plan. I took the kids to a park in North Little Rock on Sunday that has playground equipment, hiking trails, batting cages, and its own little amusement park. So here’s some pics just cuz.
"the rocket ship"
Em at the helm of the tank.
On the Tilt A Whirl.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years ago today I was shitting bricks because I thought somehow bub would thwart your plans. Silly me.

Speaking of silly, HI SILLY BOY!! Read great things about you (oh yeah, you're reading them too, duh). Thanks for being that special person in Bev's life!

Have to laugh at bub vowing to fight tooth and nail - yeah, I'm sure he has a tooth or two, but does he even own a nail? The fact that he thinks he has a chance in hell of getting custody proves how delusional he is. Keep that ball a'rolling!

Hoping the summer break will give you time to rejuvenate your spirit about school. Admit it, you'd probably miss the stress. ;)

Love seeing kids having fun. Its how it should be.

Jill

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Independence Day B! :)

And HI Silly Boy!!

Jen415

10:21 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

Two years ago today, I could hardly concentrate. Worried that Bub would come home sick and foil the plans. I remember a late night phone conversation trying to suppor you during this difficult time. I remember the joy I felt when I knew you made it. I was never so proud of you!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

P.S. Hi Silly Boy! :)

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Silly Boy! Welcome.

Congratulations on your 2 year anniversary! You've come so far, you should be proud of the life you're creating for yourself and Em.

Give youself a breather this summer, you deserve the break. Enjoy!

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops, that last comment was me.

Alex

12:48 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

Congratulations and happy two year anniversary of your freedom. And, welcome Mr. Silly Boy! Don't you just love your name? Terms of endearment, that's what they are. I call my s.o. HM or Hero Man. Possitive male role models are important in all of our lives. Thank you for being there for Bev and Em.
Take care Bev and keep us informed as to how the ball rolls. Custody battles can be hell, speaking from first hand experience, but I don't think you have anything to worry about. Not one bit.
Cheers!
w.

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home