Friday, May 09, 2008

I’m baaaack!

Okay, so it’s been forever. Of course much has happened; this is my dysfunctional life we’re talking about here. Bub is representing himself in the divorce *snicker. This should be interesting. My lawyer is particularly looking forward to facing him in court. You know the saying, “he who represents himself has a fool for a client”. I told the silly boy that I ought to videotape the proceedings. It would make a killing on youtube. Provided Bub gets his ass in gear, the hearing should be set for early June, at which time I expect the judge to get a rather large chuckle out of Bub’s antics. Oh, get this; he’s trying to stipulate that I not be allowed to take Em out of our county, not country, but county, for more than two weeks without his express permission. HA! Good luck with that one buddy. He also claims that we’ve been sharing Em’s expenses 50/50 for the last two years, so child support is unnecessary. I swear to god he said sharing! As if he even has a clue what kind of expenses a 10-year-old child incurs. Its not like it matters much anyway, the loser can’t keep a job, so I’ve never counted on any financial support from him. Hell, I couldn’t even count on financial support from him while we were together, why would I start now?!

He has also moved again, this time to a bigger trailer out in BFE. A friend is letting him and new chick stay there rent free so of course he couldn’t pass up the opportunity. He has also finally cleared his shit out of my garage, woohoo!! It was about damn time. And I had to cut off his cell phone due to nonpayment. Oh well, too bad so sad right Aunt Sandy? At least he hasn’t tried to kill himself again since the last time; I guess his crazy drugs are doing the trick. It’s a shame too, I rather liked the lady at the police station, and I was expecting to chat with her again soon while picking up his next police report. No matter, I’m sure I’ll get another opportunity at some point.

School is out for the summer, (for me) which I’m grateful for as I needed the break. This semester has been particularly trying so I’m enjoying the reprieve. I’m still uncertain about returning in the fall, though I know I need to. I know I can do it, I just haven’t committed to signing back up yet. I’ll think about that tomorrow… or the next day maybe.

In other news; I’m off to beautiful Vancouver, Canada in June, to visit one silly boy *blush. Now THAT should be interesting. It’ll be a long weekend filled with touristy type activities and lots of outdoor time as the weather should be lovely, provided the near constant pissing rain holds off while I’m there. I’ve already put in my order for a rainless visit, but Mother Nature is a finicky bitch so we’ll see what she has in store for us. But I’m not made of sugar, and well, you know the rest. This will be my first time out of the country so I had to get a passport, which came in record time and without any hassle. I’ll be sure to bring my camera and post what I expect to be some really spectacular pics. Em is gonna stay with my brother and sil while I’m gone so I know she’ll be in good hands. And since the silly boy is reading my blog now I’ll likely forgo reporting all the really juicy details. But most of you know my email so hit me up and I’ll spill the beans. ;-) Scandalous!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what I'm looking forward to more - the reports of bub's future performance in court or the scandalous details of the trip to Vancouver! :P

I'm so glad you're finally visiting my beautiful country (albiet a few thousand miles away from me). You'll love it - its beautiful, especially the mountains and ocean ... sigh. It won't rain in June, it just won't (I won't allow it). I'm so happy you're meeting your silly boy - you deserve it! Can't help but think about how you've changed. Remember how terrified you were to get on a plane and fly to Chicago for the weekend? I guess the fact that we all had such a wonderful time convinced you that travelling to far off places isn't so bad after all (though I suppose the little matter of meeting a certain silly boy probably had something to do with your decision as well ;)

Yeah, put school of the backburner for now (even beyond tomorrow) Rest your body, soul and spirit and then sort it all out - I know you'll do what's best!

Jilly

2:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for appeasing me with Bub details! I am definitely staying tuned to THIS channel for the latest!

Enjoy Canada! I really liked my visit!

Jen415

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Jilly on the reports. :) It good to hear from you and know that you are doing well.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home