Monday, May 28, 2012

Mojo

Yesterday would have been my 17th wedding anniversary, wow. There was a time when I had resigned myself to staying at least until Em graduates high school, another three whole years! I struggle to even imagine the life we'd still be living had I stayed, it seems so far removed from who I am today. Different lifetime, different person, different perspectives...

It's time to get my health back under control. Yes, I've gained, the hell you say?! That's something I do miss about the old me. That steadfast resolve, my unwavering commitment to healthy living. I stopped caring, or at least trying somewhere along the way and what I'm left with is uncertainty that I can ever be that girl again. A friend at work had a wake up call (same one who triggered my need to blog again) and I decided to get back on the bandwagon with her. She's even familiar with 3fc and was suitably impressed with my long forgotten affiliation there. I logged back on yesterday btw, even recognized a few familiar old screen names. I poked around a bit, did some reading, but felt out of place, just as I do here now to be quite honest. Like I don't deserve to be a part of something that I abandoned so long ago. Silly I know but what am I if not honest? Anyhoo, we've decided our victory lap will be a hike down to the waterfall (and back up of course, as that's the most grueling part) at Petit Jean Mountain. It's gonna take some time to get back into that kind of shape but it's not like I haven't done it before or don't know how. Time I got, mojo is what's lacking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home