Saturday, May 26, 2012

Passing fancy

New job, new perspectives, new challenges, new rewards. I wish the words came like they used to; I wish I cared to even try. I wish I still had something so prolific to work towards that warranted introspective posts. One day at a time; wax on, wax off. I've been with HP for two years now, not a far stretch from the church ladies but office politics and corporate attitudes prevail. It's been a tough couple of years, mostly consumed with Em's mental illness though I feel I can safely say that we have reached the summit and are slowly making our way back down. There was a hospitilization, finally a proper diagnosis and mercifully more effective medication. She seems more a "normal" teenager(yes teenager, 15 this summer)than not, and the good days far outweigh the bad. I've been seeing someone for six months now. We are both single parents so our time together is precious and sparse but oh so worth the sacrifice. He calls me his queen and genuinely makes me feel as such, what more could a girl ask for? Bub spent some time in jail for domestic violence and then actively shut Em out of his life for nearly a year. Unfortunately it didn't stick but Em is fully aware of what she can expect from him, which isn't much, and has thus formed a sort of quasi relationship with him that seems to fulfill her inherent paternal needs. In short, he's simply a non issue anymore. I suppose time does heal all wounds... So why am I back? A friend from work shared her blog and the old familiar pangs to air my dirty laundry returned, go figure. This blog saved my life once and when I finally get up the gumption to transform it into a printed and bound memoir rather than an idealistic passing fancy then perhaps it will provide a new life some day. Seems a bit of attention is long past due wouldn't you agree?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home