Tuesday, July 08, 2008

That self-centered, narcissistic, son of a bitch. Bub informed my lawyer today that he plans to relinquish his parental rights. Ok, everyone take a moment to cheer and rejoice, and then I’ll explain why I’m pissed. First of all, I was granted emergency temporary custody after his last shenanigans of holding her hostage and the final custody hearing was supposed to take place on August 7th. So my lawyer sent him a bunch of interrogatories which are questions that he’d have to answer under oath at the hearing. Stuff about his suicide attempts, mental health, police records, drug use, etc. Well apparently he didn’t want to answer those questions and open himself up to such damaging personal inquiries, so he called my lawyer (since he is acting as his own attorney) and said, “What will it take to end this? Just tell me what Bev wants and I’ll agree to it.” Well alright, finally something smart and rational from the idiot! Then my lawyer called me and we discussed what I wanted; full custody, limited visitation and no overnights or extended stays, etc. When she called him back with my intentions they apparently didn’t sit too well with him, so instead of being happy with what he could get he just decided to give up his rights. So the only father Em has ever known for almost 11 years has just given her up, seemingly because he couldn’t get his way. He said, “as long as Bev doesn’t go for child support then I’ll give up my rights.” And I wasn’t even asking for child support anyway and he knew that. But just like that, its my way or the highway. Bastard. So that’s it, my lawyer will draft up the papers, I’ll sign and hopefully he will too, then I’ll be divorced and Bub will no longer be Em’s father. Easy cheesy. I was absolutely floored though, as was my lawyer. I mean, who the hell does that? She even attempted to talk him out of such craziness but he was adamant. So I figure wtf, if that’s what he wants then let him have it. Needless to say, he continues to appall and disgust me.

In other news, our big road trip out west is coming up fast and furious. Plus the silly boy is planning to visit a family member that lives in the area at the same time so he’s gonna come hang out with us once or twice while we’re there. I had to cancel my trip up north when Bub pulled that shit with Em so this will be the first time we meet, and he’ll get to meet the whole family too! My sil is absolutely salivating at the prospect, lol. At any rate, it should be a blast, and then I’ll try to get my trip up there rescheduled cuz I was really looking forward to seeing Vancouver.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, Bub has left me speechless. I really do believe that he has serious mental defect. But in the long run, Em (and you too)is better off without him in her life. Although...whatever will you write about??? LOL

Jen415

7:49 AM  
Blogger Navigator of Life said...

Unbelievable, Pray that he goes through with it and signs the papers. Then you and Em are FREE, free to go live out west, free to go live in Vancouver, free to do whatever you want! The possibilities are endless with Bub out of the picture.

I will keep my fingers crossed that he signs the papers. He will still be her father, but he will no longer have a say in anything that you do that concerns her. When she is older if she chooses to have any relationship with him it can be on her terms or not at all.

He is a real jerk, best to have him out of the equation!

Lynn

ps. glad you came to update, I check often and I was getting worried about you.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He never ceases to amaze me. I'm sure part of you is pissed that he won't have his indescretions aired in open court. I was looking forward to hearing how that went... and how a judge would treat him.

I know that he's Em father and all and she has every right to want a relationship with him, but it just seems that cutting him out of your lives would be best.

Let us know when all of the papers are signed so we can open the champagne. Can't wait to see you next month! Love you.

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both you and Em will be so much better off with Bub completely out of your lives. You are "one strp closer" to the life you want and deserve. Focus on that, Bev. Focus on that...

Those who truly care about you and Em will always be here for you. We have SO got your back!

AYFS

10:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow you've had a lot happen since I last checked. I can't believe he is pulling some of that shit. I love Lyn's advice that once you are free with him, your life is full of new possibilities!!!!!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not that surprised. It was never about Em; it was all about Bub and what he wanted and who he could exert power over. That's sad - every child deserves parents who put the kid's interests ahead of their own. Thankfully, she has one parent who does.

As you know, my daughter's dad did the same thing and it was a relief knowing every decision was mine alone without his pointless interference. Even though we didn't move out of the country, the peace of mind knowing we could was fabulous.

While I'm really happy about this turn of events and hope he signs, Em will have mixed feelings (now and in the future). Even though she found out the hard way that staying with her dad was a nightmare, she's going to go through a "How could my daddy just give me up like that?" period and there'll be those moments of "Why doesn't daddy love me enough to fight for me?", but I know you're already anticipating that and figuring out how to handle it. I have faith in you.

How exciting that your trip is coming up and that silly boy is meeting the whole family! I'm sorry you don't get to see beautiful Vancouver right now, but I know you will!

Have a wonderful trip!!

Jill

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home