Thursday, September 15, 2005

To eat or not to eat...

I'm not doing so well today, damn headache! It's all I can do to keep from eating, eating, eating. I'm sitting here watching the clock, waiting til it's been long enough since my last snack because I know I don't actually need to eat, I just want to eat. So I'm not gonna give into self-medicating with food just 'cause I don't feel good, I'm gonna tell myself to get over it already and wait til lunch time, 'cause that's what I gotta do. Not feeling good is no excuse, if it were then I'd never do anything I didn't feel like doing, which is pretty much everything! So, I'll sit here and ramble on and wait for the minutes to tick by, while retaining some sense of normalcy in the schedule that I live by. Another problem is that I'm not working either. Yes, I have plenty to do to keep me occupied, but I'm completely avoiding responsibility 'cause I just don't feel like doing anything. Luckily (or unluckily as it may be) I have an extremely laid back work from home job with little to no urgency or accountability. Although I do take great pride in doing my job well, and am normally very on top of things, on days like this I tend to take full advantage of the freedom this job allows me. I feel very lucky and grateful for this job even though it is completely unfulfilling, because it gives me the opportunity to be fulfilled in other more important areas, like being here for Em before and after school, on school holidays and all summer long. Not a lot of moms get to enjoy this kind of freedom while still earning a living, and for that I am truly grateful. Okay, 28 more minutes until lunch time...

I am anxiously awaiting the season premier of Survivor tonight, YAY!! But I heard something about a presidential address tonight so I wonder if it will be preempted?? I hope not! I mean, I understand the need to hear from our country's leader, but good grief, doesn't he know it's Survivor night?!! Tee hee, shame on me! But really, I hate it when they cut into my favorite shows for stuff that's not an actual emergency. Dawnyal, I know you can relate, those damn weather people!! ;D I feel ya girl, we're the ones who get all of ya'lls left over thunderstorms and tornadoes. Anyway, back to my point, I know we need to know about anything major that's happening, but just because the man is speaking, it doesn't require a live primetime feed! 'Cause you know they're just gonna replay all the important points on the news that night anyway, so c'mon already!! Okay, now it's 14 minutes and counting.

Geez, I really ought to be doing something! So, we didn't watch Hitchhicker's Guide To The Galaxy last night. We opted to skip renting a movie, and just watched one we already have. Rush Hour with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. It was funny and actiony, but I've seen it before so I still chose to read instead. Fat Girl is heart wrenching, how could this woman not have grown up hating herself, she almost had no other choice. But the fact that she continues with the self-hatred is her choice now. She seems to be a very cynical, bitter woman. With good reason, yes, but I'm sure not much fun to be around. Anyway, I'll go into more detail about my thoughts of this book once I've finished it.

I made a totally yummy stir-fry last night!! The fam wanted grilled steak pieces with rice, corn, and cheese & tomato slices. So I threw together a little stir-fry using some of these ingredients for myself. It had broccoli slaw, spinach, onion, carrots, celery, green onion, red bell pepper, 1/2 c. rice, 1/4 c. corn and meat. I sauteed it in some Pam cooking spray with generous amounts of crushed red pepper, cajun seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper. YUMMERS! It was fab-u-lous!! Mmmmmm! Okay, damn it, it's close e-freaking-nough, I'm having some lunch NOW!! I'll be back...

Okay, now that my tummy is happy and I've had a chance to stir up some trouble at 3fc, ;D I think I can concentrate and actually get some work done, even if my stupid head is still killing me! I certainly don't mean to cause trouble, and I hope nobody takes offense, but I'm feeling more and more driven to voice my opinion when I feel strongly on a subject (something I never used to do before). But I always try to do it in the most gentle way possible, 'cause the last thing we need is a bunch of fat (or formally fat) chicks getting in a cyber cat-fight over a difference of opinions. We've been through that before, it's not pretty! Anyway, that's enough rambling for now, I'm off to take care of responsibilities, yippie!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home