Tuesday, February 21, 2006

sniffle, cough, hack... uuug!

I'm sick. I hab a fugging cold, an by dose is all stubbed up an runny, ug. Sorry, please excuse my pathetic plea for sympathy, I'm obviously not in my right mind. ;D

So, I went to WalMart for a few things yesterday, but all I really wanted in the world was a freakin' box of tissues with lotion in them for my sore, irritated nose. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, right? What could possibly cause a simple trip to WalMart for a box of tissues to turn into such a frustrating ordeal as it did? Well, of course, any number of things could cause that, but, here's the deal. My WalMart is currently under construction for remodeling, which, apparently means that they have to switch all the isles around (but not the signs, of course) so that us poor, hapless customers are left wandering around and disoriented, trying desperately to figure out where exactly, they now keep the fucking tissues! You know all the big wigs are sitting up there in front of their security monitors, just laughing their asses off at us idiot customers wandering aimlessly through the unfamiliar isles, just hoping we happen upon the items we're searching for. Admittedly, it was busy, which I don't deal with very well anyways, (I hate crowds) and I had Em with me, (out of school for President's day) who could honestly care less about making the trip as quick and easy as possible, (look at this mom, watch me, hold on a minute, what's that?, etc.) and by golly, I felt (still do) like crap, so I guess it's possible that I could have been a little more easily irritated than usual. Heh, now there's an understatement! ;D But dammit! By the third lap around the store, I had had ENOUGH! Luckily, I didn't go off on anyone, (not really my style, y'know?) but I thought for sure my head was about simply pop off my neck at any given moment and explode into a million little pieces. I can only assume it was my obvious desperation that encouraged the helpful little shelf stocker to actually walk me over to the tissue isle and point out where I could find what I was looking for. Said isle's position, BTW, making absolutely no sense in the new layout of the store, and couldn't possibly have been discovered by even a rational human being in search of tissues, let alone this frazzled, sick, and grumpy one, but I digress. Anyway, I finally snatched up a few boxes of precious lotion laced tissues, consulted my short list to ensure that I did, indeed, have everything I needed, wrangled Em, and then proceeded to get the hell out of dodge! Oh WalMart, what a love/hate relationship I have with you! You think, if I was rich and famous, they would close the place down for me like they do for celebrities in those fancy shmancy stores?? Ahhhh, no people or noise to disrupt my leisurely, peaceful progress up and down the isles... See, I don't ask for much, do I? ;D hehe How pathetic is it that having the store all to myself in a relaxing shopping trip to WalMart is my idea of a really good time? Good lord, I need help! ;D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, you've been having a rough winter, haven't you? It seems like this is the 3rd or 4th bad cold you've had. I hope you're taking Vitamin C!

As for Wallyworld, I equate it with McDonalds. When I was young we didn't have McDonalds in Canada (yes, I'm that old) and I'd watch the commercials on American television with envy. When the first McDonalds opened here I begged and begged to be taken and what a letdown. The food was greasy (and kinda soggy) and Ronald McDonald and Hamburgler weren't even there! I went through that all over again as an adult when we didn't have WalMart. I longed for a store that had everything you needed from toiletries to wallpaper to toys to food! I longed to complete all my shopping in one place and to encounter such variety and low prices. Sigh, disappointment again. Crowded aisles, long line-ups at the checkout, over-stocked useless items and under-stocked in what I really need! Then there's having to deal with snotty teenaged workers who either shrug when you inquire as to the location of an item or snarl that its not their department. As for the prices, there's nothing that Costco can't beat in a minute. Rant over. ;)

Get well!

11:04 AM  
Blogger Crystal* said...

You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. Geez. A tissue trip to Wal-Mart does rather equate hell, doesn't it?
Rest. And hell woman! Stock up on the tissues!
Grins*

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home