Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Teehee, Bub is now referring to the possibility of Em living with him part time as “Em maybe spending a week with me… or something”. What? Being a full time parent is hard? Gee, maybe he would have known that if he’d ever tried being one before. No resentment, just realism. Idiot.

Okay, nuff about that. So, ya’ll know how I loves me some free stuff, right? I mean it’s ridiculous what I’m willing to go through for the sake of free stuff sometimes, but hey, that’s me, everybody has their “thing” and this is mine. But sometimes those ridiculous things actually pay off, as in my acquirement of a brand new free Senseo coffee maker. I found the listing of a “free stuff” website, yes an actual site just for free stuff, and believe me, there are tons of them! But usually the free stuff is just product samples and cheesy, inconsequential crap. This time, however, I had the opportunity to earn myself an honest to goodness coffee maker simply by truthfully filling out a survey portraying my very real addiction to a good cuppa joe. And after careful consideration, determining that my affliction with coffee was great enough that I might actually brag (as I’m doing now) to others about their product, they shipped me a brand spanking new Senseo coffee maker of my very own. Woohoo, now that’s what I’m talkin’ bout!! It’s kinda cool with these special little flavored “pods” that, along with its unique design, make for a yummy, frothy brew. It’s a nice treat, something different, and best of all, ITS FREE!! What more could a bonafide cheapskate coffee addict ask for? ;D

Now for a quick update on the food front. I think I'm really getting a handle on this thing. It certainly hasn't been perfect, not by any means, but the honestly out of control binging seems to be behind me for now. I have my moments, of course, don't get me wrong, but it got reeeeeealy bad there for a while, and now I think I've got it mostly under control. I just had to stop letting it be okay to get away with this shit because that's really all I was doing; letting it be okay. And it's not okay, period. Plus, my clothes were starting to get a little too uncomfortable and I'll be damned if I'm gonna actually drop some dough on the next size (or two) up. So, if nothing else, my frugalness has put the kibosh on this whole crappy eating thing. Anyway, the pants-o-meter has begun to indicate that my abstinance is paying off, and I am now looking forward to once again fitting into my "skinny" jeans... soon, I hope. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Gretchen said...

Hi-

Thank you for the swift kick in the rear. I needed that. I've just been feeling so wishy washy about this lately. I am really upset with Jeremy right now because our schedules conflict so much that I truly do not have time to work in a work out. I'm going to to into it more on my blog. But anyway, You are right. I need to just get myself out of this funk and get it into gear. I always value your honesty. I know I can always rely on you to give it to me straight up! So thank you for that...

By the way, that is so awesome that you got a free coffee maker... Looks like a pretty nice one too!!

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WooHoo! Free coffee maker!? I'm there! You know me and my coffee as well. I'm going to see if I can score one too.
I am doing very well with Weight Watchers and I owe a lot to you for jump-starting me again. So far 16 pounds down and I am so sympathetic to the pants-o-meter. I am really enjoying how my pants are fitting these days.
Thank you!

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aunt sandy needs to tell you about the new spiffy-looking pants she got last weekend. And she said that she can't buy clothes where Jackie and I shop because nothing fits her there. Whatever! She fooks fantastic in brown pin stripes.

I actually only use the pants-o-meter when I measure my weight gain/loss. I only step on a scale when I'm required to. I know I'm in trouble when my pants don't fit... because, I, too, don't want to waste money on bigger pants.

2:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Em maybe spending a week with me… or something”. Yep, reality's starting to set in for bub, bwahhh. Maybe he'll actually have a clue one day after all. ;)

Nice going on the fancy coffee maker. I get excited when I find a $1 coupon off of coffee, I can just imagine how thrilled you were to get an entire coffee maker!

Looks like you've got a handle on the eating thing again and I have no doubt you'll be prancing around in your skinny jeans very soon. Thumbs up, baby!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Sandi said...

I'm so glad that you have managed to get the eating under control. Whew!! I never had any doubt that you would find your way!! :)

Free coffee maker - That's awesome!!! I love my free stuff too!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Amy K. said...

Your free coffee maker reminded me of this: free 1.4 oz sample of Folgers Gourmet Selections.

It's ground, so I don't think it'll work in the Senseo, but the Vanilla Biscott flavor sounds tasty :-)

COngrats on the coffee maker, and on getting the eating uder control. The shorter days of Fall tend to bring on eating a little more for many people, so I'm glad you've turned things around at just the right time.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home