Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Oh… dear… god… See's Candy has arrived here in the Natural State, nooooooooooo! While at the mall on Sunday, we just happened upon a new booth featuring the one and only, See's Candy. Complete with white and black clad ladies handing out… gulp, free samples. Obviously, I had no choice but to partake in such a thoughtful and generous offering… no really, no choice... right? ;D Anyway, I needed this like I need a hole in the head. Hell, next thing you know a brand spanking new Round Table Pizza joint will open up, and then I’ll really be doomed. For those unfamiliar with Round Table, it is a west coast (where I grew up) pizza chain, which quite frankly, no other nasty greasy pizza I’ve had the misfortune to consume can even compare to. Honestly, Round Table pizza has ruined me for all others, which I suppose I should be grateful for considering how it’s the one and only reason why pizza has not become a binge/trigger food for me here in Arkansas. Anyway, enough about that, now to just stay away from the mall…

Get this; Em’s school puts on a family Thanksgiving lunch every year, so naturally, every year we go to it. In the meantime, I’ve been sending Bub weekly school emails to update him about her work for the week, what they’re doing and learning about, and any other upcoming school related things. For the past two weeks I’ve made sure to include the upcoming Thanksgiving lunch with the date and time listed. So Tuesday I sent him an email asking if he was gonna need a ride on Thursday, and what I got back was, “this Thursday?” (Ummm, yuh?) Yes, this Thursday 11/16 at 12:40 pm. And this is the reply I got back from him:

*Sorry for the spelling, I just copied and pasted, and he obviously doesn’t believe in spell checker.

well, i needed more of a notice than that. I already took my day off this week on friday. I can't take off at all now. I really need a good week in advance to schedule stuff because I can't just find out 2 days ahead of time and change things with jim (his boss). I can, but htere is a lot of bullshit that I have to deal with in order to do it. So I guess I am not going to be able to come.

In the future, I need to know as soon as you know the dates of things. That way I can schedule it. That goes back to the conversation we have had hundres of times about you not letting me know stuff.

So, apparently he doesn’t bother to read the weekly updates even though he ranted and raved and insisted upon being included in all aspects of Em’s life, thus prompting me to start sending said updates in the first place. Anyway, this is all I wrote back:

It's been in the school stuff email for the last two weeks.

Ha, bite me buddy. Sorry to be so juvenile, but that’s how I felt. Finally I had some ground to stand on. Of course I knew he would find a way to shift the blame back to me somehow, but at least, if only for a moment, I had him on something… and I liked it! :D

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't get a chance to comment on your previous posting, but did read and enjoy it ... especially the "Ahhh, life is good… :)" part. Isn't it so true that life's little pleasures, especially when partaken stress free, can make all the difference?

I don't know from See's Candy or Round Table Pizza (thank goodness). We have our own evils up in the great white north and you can keep yours! ;)

I don't think your response to bubble-brain was juvenile at all. It was the facts, just the facts. Next time you should have the school phone him for his schedule before they arrange any activities (insert rolling eyes here!)

You're doing great, hon!

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not at all juvenile. Jilly is right, you're just stating the facts. It's amazing to me how he can twist things around in his head to make it your fault...ah, are't you glad you don't live in his world? I, too, am so glad you're finding pleasure in those little things. It makes life so much easier when we can keep our stress down.

Thankfully for me, the quality of Round Table pizza has changed so much since we were kids that I don't eat there anymore. Instead I have the uber-ridiculous convenience of order-online-and-its-ready-in-30-minutes Papa Johns pizza. Mmmmmmm. I have no defense against See's... my friend's mom works at one. It's trouble.

9:02 PM  
Blogger B said...

It was the "Ha, bite me buddy!" thought my response to him evoked that struck me as juvenile, but thanks, you guys are great. :)

Beverly

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home