Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Well, so much for that. The people buying the Durango flaked out on us and never even bothered to tell us they changed their minds. They just didn’t show up, no call, no nuthin’. Nice. They were so positive about it too, saying things like “we’re definitely taking it, we’ll call you Friday to pick it up, it’s guaranteed, SOLD!” etc. Who just doesn’t bother to call? Oh well, back to the drawing board. Next order of business? Reduce the price and get that sucka sold, pronto!

Well, Bub informed me tonight that he’d do whatever it takes to protect Em from my irresponsible, stupid choices, including fighting me for custody, if he can’t trust that I’ll raise her properly and keep her out of harm’s way.

That’s right, I’ve done it again. Yet another violation of the laws of Bubba, and apparently, this one’s a doozy. Sheree’s mom asked me if I could keep Sheree overnight this coming weekend because they have a Christmas party to attend and they don’t want to leave Sheree and her older brother alone because they’ve caught the two being sexually inappropriate with each other. (This little tidbit, she drops on me like it was nothing, right in the middle of Walmart) I told her I’d have to get back to her, not knowing yet what plans Bub might want to make with Em for this weekend. So I asked him about it and of course he wants her to leave her weekend free for him because he feels like she never wants to do anything with him anymore unless he has something fun planned. (heh, if he only knew how true that was) I told him that I needed to know by Wednesday in order to let Sheree’s mom (Renee) know in time. So I called him today to see what he wanted me to do about it and I mentioned what Renee had told me about Sheree and her brother. And he proceeds to FLIP THE FUCK OUT. Why? Dear lord, where do I even begin? What it boils down to is that I don’t consider (and share with him) every single detail (pertinent or otherwise) about every single little fucking thing that may or may not affect Em or him in some way. He doesn’t trust me as a parent, he doesn’t trust my decision making abilities, he doesn’t trust my instinct and logic, he doesn’t trust a word that comes out of my mouth, he doesn’t trust me, period. And he refuses to sit idly by and allow me to raise Em in a manner that he does not approve of or agree with. He doesn’t think I give enough consideration to how my choices/actions/words affect her, and basically thinks that I am an incompetent parent. Well, what else is new? K, will someone stop the ride now please? I want the fuck off.

All I can say is thank god for my happy pills, I was able to stay (mostly) calm and think rationally about the implications of his words. I believe that he honestly feels THIS strongly about everything he’s saying and feeling, and if it comes down to it, he’ll do what he feels he must to protect his daughter, no matter what. I get that, BTDT. But honestly, what the hell is he really gonna do? Fight me for custody? What a joke. Go ahead and try it buddy, just see what happens. Idiot. Of course, he made sure to say that he doesn’t want to go that route though. Well of course not, he just wants me to know that he’s willing to if that’s what it takes to ensure my compliance with the LAWS OF BUBBA. I wonder if my lack of appropriately hysterical reaction to his threat gave him pause? Nahhhh, he probably figures that it’s just another prime example of my lack of concern over Em’s emotional well being since I’m such an incompetent mother and all. Sheesh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That really sucks about the Durango. How people can be so inconsiderate is beyond me. Their cheque probably would have bounced anyway. Hopefully someone will buy it as a Christmas present.

Okay, I understand how bub gets, but I don't really understand how the disturbing situation between Em's friend and her brother reflects in any way on your parenting. Is he saying you shouldn't allow Em to associate with this girl because she may try to influence Em sexually? Is he saying you've put Em at risk by allowing her to be in that home (when "the brother" is there) even though you had no prior knowledge of the goings-on? Right, like any of that's gonna stand up in court.

Or, is he looking for an excuse to bewilder you with his irrational and illogical rantings in an attempt to confuse you into thinking you have reason to fear losing custody? Bingo! What a blowhard. Put it in the back of your brain somewhere and don't waste time worrying about it. He's all talk. I hope the ghost of Christmas idiots visits him soon.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Sandi said...

That is really too bad about the Durango. People really don't have any manners. That same thing happened when we were selling our house by owner. They were absolutly buying it and then they flaked out.

Bub really is something else, isn't he? I am so glad that you got out of that terrible situation. I am sorry that you still have to deal with his rants, but at least now you can hang up!!!

7:59 AM  
Blogger Dianne said...

I am with Jilly their check would have probably bounced. Hopefully a new buyer will come soon. Waiting is so hard.

Wouldn't it be great if when you started speaking you could have sucked those words back. He sure can't say you don't keep him informed.

6:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how a control freak will "flex his muscles" and push all the idiotic and hurtful buttons just to feel somewhat in control again? "And he refuses to sit idly by and allow me to raise Em in a manner that he does not approve of or agree with..." What's he gonna do? Nothing. He can't even spend a whole weekend with Em without your help. Just file it in that overflowing 'Bub's bullshit file' in the back of your mind. I actually told Bub through my computer to go fuck off. I wonder if I said it loud enough. ;-D

That sucks about the Durango. Jilly is right, people can be so rude and inconsiderate. Have you listed it on craigslist? I don't know how popular it is in AR. It's really popular in CA and a great (and free) website to place an ad. http://littlerock.craigslist.org/

12:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it still just proves out illogical (is that at word) he really is. I just don't see how that reflects on your parenting skills at all. I would be a bit leary about the alone time with the two of them from now on (I have a friend who's son ended up being molested by another child because it had been done to her). Many kids who are abused don't know that it's not normal.

That sucks about the durango. Hopefully you'll have a new buyer soon. I'd buy it from you if I had the bucks. I loved mine.

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home