Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Marwage, marwage is whut bwings us togefwa todaay. No, I’m not getting married; I just love The Princess Bride. Who doesn’t want the fairytale, happy ending? The perfect romance that rights all wrongs and exceeds all expectations. There are those who live the fairytale. Hell, if the hooker can end up with the millionaire business man come to rescue her in his white limo on the LA fire escape then why should the rest of us simple folk expect any less? Oh yeah, that’s the movies, wtf was I thinking? Some people really do live the fairytale romance though, I’m sure of it. I believe in it because I must. Though sometimes I question my own capacity for true love. I feel too guarded to let it all hang out, too agreeable for my own good. I choose safety and comfort over my true wants and needs far too often, though I am getting better. We’ve all seen what I’m willing to take for the sake of continuity, and it ain’t pretty. “Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.” Blah blah blah.

"Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them- that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like." Lao-Tse

That saying, wrought from true love, brings me peace. Just as my inherent faith in all things meant to be. I walk along this path still unknowing, yet confident in the journey and final destination, whatever that may be. I walk because I must; it’s the only way. I walk because I believe. I may need a guide along the way, just as I may have the honor to guide others, but ultimately the path is the right one. In that, I believe.

I could panic more, I could worry about the “what ifs”, but then I figure, fuggetaboudit, who needs the stress? I’ll think about that tomorrow. ;)

Perhaps some would liken my faith to that of a higher power, much like those of religious faith find solace in their god(s). Hell, maybe I would too, though my faith lies in the universe or karma or whatever. Maybe I should make a list like Earl; he seems to have it all figured out. Or maybe I should just go mow the lawn instead of bitching about needing to. But wait! Can't I think about that tomorrow too?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are pensive today. It is always amazing to me how well you write. You are very gifted. I agree with the overall philosophy here. We all need to believe. I do think there are people who have the fairytale. We all have our own version of that fairytale, don't we?
Hugs,
Aunt Sandy

5:47 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

Yes, I believe in the fairytale relationship. After living the life you did with Bub, what do you have to loose by taking the risk of opening the book to see if that is what is waiting for you?
I got to the point in my life where I was tired of second guessing each relationship I entered into. I figured that the right handsome prince would love me for exactly who I am and how I am and if it were meant to be a fairytale life, then it would follow that path. If not, he wasn't my prince, and resolve to take the take the risk again. You'll never get to that chapter, that happily ever after ending if you keep closing the book.

12:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And wuv, tru wuv, will fowow you foweva... So tweasure your wuv.

j

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home