Wednesday, June 04, 2008

School is out and Em is gone. She went to Bub’s for a few weeks to hopefully get the desire to live with him out of her system. Bleh. She’ll stay there until my big trip up north on the 19th then she’ll go to my sil’s house for the long weekend. I didn’t feel comfortable about her staying with Bub while I was so far away so I got her all pumped up about wanting to visit her cousins in the hopes that Bub wouldn’t protest. Luckily it worked out fine so now that’s the plan. Once I get back she’ll either go back to Bub’s or she’ll see the light and decide to stay with boring ol’ mom. They both think she’s staying with him the whole summer, but I’m pretty sure I know her better than that. I give her a few weeks until the idea of living with daddy doesn’t sound quite so enchanting anymore. She’s blocked out most of what it was like to live with him so unfortunately she needs this hard lesson in reality to remind her of why we left in the first place. God I wish it didn’t have to be this way, but its one of those things that she just has to learn for herself. She’ll be okay, and I’ll be there when reality comes crashing down and she’s ready to come back home. Shall we lay bets on how long she lasts??

I managed to snap a few pics of the junkyard trailer, which actually looks A LOT better than it did when I first went. Apparently he’s been cleaning the place up some. Let’s all give Bub a pat on the back for trying to make his shit hole place more homey.


That's not their car, its just broken down in the front yard and being used as a storage facility now. They are still without a vehicle or a working indoor toilet, both of which he "says" will be taken care of next month... or was it the month after?... or the one after that? Whatever. Anyway, she's there and I'm all alone with the cats trying not to feel sorry for myself. Which hasn't been working so far, but I have ample time to get over myself since MYBABYISGONEFORTWOFREAKINGWEEKS!! Ok, I'm better now... I think. More later, I need to find something productive to do.

8 Comments:

Blogger Dianne said...

You sure were not exaggerating here!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

No indoor toilet. So, is that the outdoor toilet I see in the left hand side of the photo? The senior citizen type toilet seat chair with handles on the side?

You weren't kidding. I'll never doubt you again.

W.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG...there are no words...

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oi! Like wien said, is that toilet chair their outdoor toilet? With a little shelf in front of it... perhaps it's stocked with reading material? You said that place was a shit hole, and it's way worse that I could have pictured.

I hope Em learns some valuable lessons whilst living with Bub for the short time it will last.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Wien. said...

On second thought, be the bad guy and say no, you can't live there. That place looks like the health dept. should bulldoze it to the ground. I don't know how the system works where you live, but I can't see DCS allowing your daughter to stay there, AND how is it going to reflect on your parenting plan in your divorce if you allow it? Something to consider asking your attorney.

11:34 PM  
Blogger B said...

The "senior toilet" is not what they use to do their business, they just use it to sit on while outside. There's another nasty little trailer behind theirs where they go to use the bathroom. Not much better but at least they don't have to "go" in the front yard.

11:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I'm concerned about it being a health hazard. Besides not having a working inside toilet, the trailer looks like it could blow away with a good gust of wind.

Frankly, it looks like it should be condemned.

I'd put up with the bitching (hers and his) and get her out of there.

Sorry if that's not what you want to hear, but I'm only being honest *hugs*

Jill

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt that this experience will be a bigtime reality check for Em.

I know you miss her - my heart goes out to you, Hon. If you need to talk, you know where to find me...

AYFS,
A

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home