Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Disturbing change in tastes.

My god, is it possible that I could have really lost my taste for some of my most beloved favorites so easily? Ever since that nasty little stomach virus, some things haven't been tasting quite the same, and I'm just about sick and damn tired of it! First, and perhaps most shocking is that coffee has lost it's appeal for me! Nooooooo! And my beloved frozen yogurt concoction? Just doesn't taste quite right anymore. Which is particularly difficult for me considering how much I truly adore this fantastically guiltless treat. In addition, one of my favorite snacks, a frozen fruit/yogurt/Kashi delicacy seemed a tad too sweet this morning, and was almost more than I could handle. WTF is going on??? Please, someone tell me this is normal, and more importantly, that my tastes for these foods will return shortly!! I haven't even tried my favorite salad yet, but it is on the menu for lunch today, and quit frankly, I'm worried and unsure of what to expect. I live by these foods, I adore them and eat them practically every day because I adore them so. So what the hell am I supposed to do if I suddenly no longer have a want or desire to eat all of my healthy favs? I am grateful for one thing that has remained constant though; my absolute favorite, my every morning without fail breakfast cereal staple, my Kashi Go Lean Crunch, tasted as to be expected this morning. Otherwise I just may have lost my freakin' marbles! But as for everything else? I'm at a loss. All along, one of my major points about my certainty in being able to continue this as a complete lifestyle change, has been the fact that I truly enjoy all of the foods I eat, otherwise, I don't eat them, period. So, now that I'm not enjoying all of my favorite foods? Well, yeah, I'm freaking out a bit, to say the least! I know, I know, of course it will get back to normal (I hope!) but as we all know, I don't deal well with the unexpected, and this one has completely thrown me for a loop. I need that continuity, I need to be able to rely on my old standbys. And for now, at least, my standbys are failing me, and I'm not sure what to do.

Wowsa, how did I ever get this high-strung? I can't believe I'm freaking out about this, but I am. So, somebody please, tell me my tastebuds will return to normal shortly. Even if you have to lie to me, I don't care, just tell me anyway! And help to make this pathetically high-strung, food addicted, former fat girl's perception of reality just a little more bearable, at least for the time being. That's not too much to ask, now is it?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that your tastebuds will return to normal as soon as the icky slimy coating on your tongue from puking has disappeared and your sense of taste is back after having that nasty illness invading your body and affecting your very existance! Soon enough you'll be savouring every morsel of your favourite salad and gulping down bowlfuls of frozen fruit, yogurt and Kashi. I'm sure of it!! :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Jeanette B said...

Yep, Jilly is right....give yourself a few days...now--what is this frozen yogurt concoction you are so fond of??

3:52 PM  
Blogger Crystal* said...

Bev: You will be okay!!! *crossing fingers*
I wonder what in the hell happened with the ol' taste buds? Maybe it's just your sense of taste on the blink from your cooties. I would also freak out if it happened to me. Continuity? Oh yes. You're speaking my language.
Grins*

6:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beverly, I am sorry that you have been ill. I hope you will be feeling fine soon.

Thanks for posting on my blog. I appreciate your thoughts.

By the way, I left out a key ingedient in my eggs, which may be why it sounds so weird. I forgot that it needs cream cheese and then it ends up tasting like a cheese danish...I got the recipe from an Atkins book I think.

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home